Tongxiang (桐乡 市; Pinyin: Tongxiang Shì ) is a county-level city with 660,000 inhabitants ( 2004) in the north of Zhejiang Wu- speaking province of the People's Republic of China. It has a total area of 723 km ² and is part of the administrative area of the prefecture-level city of Jiaxing. Tongxiang has a problem with water pollution.
At the community level, Tongxiang three road districts, nine large municipalities and a community is composed. These are:
- Road district Wutong (梧桐 街道), seat of city government;
- Road district Fengming (凤鸣 街道);
- Road district Long Xiang (龙翔 街道);
- Greater community Puyuan (濮院 镇);
- Greater community Tudian (屠 甸 镇);
- Greater community Gaoqiao (高桥镇);
- Greater community Heshan (河山 镇);
- Large village Wuzhen (乌镇 镇);
- Greater community Shimen (石门镇);
- Large village Dama (大麻 镇);
- Greater community Chongfu (崇福 镇);
- Greater community Zhouquan (洲 泉镇);
- Community Tongfu (同 福 乡).
At the census in the year 2000 713.399 inhabitants were counted in Tongxiang. Of these, 99.30 % Han Chinese, 0.25 % Miao, Tujia 0.22%, 0.04%, Zhuang, 0.04 % Bouyei, 0.03 % Yi, Dong 0.02%, 0.01 % Hui and 0.09% members of other peoples of China.
30.633333333333120.53333333333Koordinaten: 30 ° 38 ' N, 120 ° 32 ' E
Haining - Haiyan - Jiashan - Nanhu - Pinghu - Tongxiang - Xiuzhou
- Place in Zhejiang
- District-free city (China)