Tornesch ( Low German: Torneesch ) is a town in the district of Pinneberg, in Schleswig -Holstein. It leads directly to the city and the communities Uetersen small northern end, Ellerhoop, Prisdorf and Heidgraben.
- 3.1 Council Meeting
- 3.2 Coat of Arms
- 3.3 Town twinning
- 4.1 building
- 4.2 Culture
- 4.3 religions
- 4.4 Museum
- 4.5 events
- 5.1 traffic
- 5.2 Education
Tornesch located 16 km north- west of Hamburg on the edge of the marsh areas of the project into the march Geest. It is south by the Pinnau and Bilsbek, 23 west through the Ohrtbrookgraben and east by the former federal road and the highway
To Tornesch include the districts Ahrenlohe, Esingen and Oha.
The village Esingen is the oldest part of the city Tornesch. It is a so-called Oberurdorf and belongs to the group of villages whose emergence of professionals on the 6th and 7th centuries is returned after Christ. Documented, it has been called since 1285, when the monastery was founded in 1235 Uetersen gave Henry II of Barmstede other income and disabled seeds.
Ahrenlohe is mentioned in the second half of the 17th century. First, some skating serve workers in the bog and forest area as a residence. Beginning of the 18th century, then follow farmhouses and other buildings.
The establishment owes Tornesch the construction of the railway line between Altona and Kiel ( Altona- Kiel Railway Company ). This was initiated by the Danish King Christian VIII. The villages Uetersen ( especially the resident hauliers ) and Esingen ( with the hamlet Ahrenlohe ) and their citizens spoke out against the construction of a railroad, the building but could not prevent. The construction of their own station, but they could refuse.
This took advantage of the Bauer Jürgen Siemsen. He gave the king the reason for the construction of a railway station. In return him the dispensing right was transferred to the station restaurant. This is considered as the birth of a new hamlet: Tornesch. Here was a cinema for years to settled and in the rooms of the council meetings were held in which the change of name of the place (see below) was decided.
After the construction of railways and railway station, factories settled, which attracted a large number of workers. These settled in the district Tornesch, which began to develop. Soon Tornesch was greater than Esingen and especially known as the factories and shops used as an address Tornesch instead Esingen. Initiated by the landowner association, the council decided in 1930 to name the town Tornesch and no longer Esingen. Ahrenlohe and Esingen but were given the status of districts. During the Third Reich were in the distillery, among other important additives made for aviation fuel (to increase the knock resistance ) and it is surprising that Tornesch was the target of bomb attacks not often. Finally, there were only five manufacturers and the distillery was one of the most powerful. This happened after the expropriation of the former Jewish owners.
The excavation in the area of Tornescher Court (1st phase) was taken to freeze the hazardous waste landfill Ecklak in the Steinburg district. In the area of the second phase ran for years groundwater remediation. Today, only a rudiment of the old laboratories is in parts, in which the office of the municipal utilities Tornesch (SWT ) and other businessmen, as well as occasionally an Italian restaurant was housed. The dominant parts of the former distillery was demolished for settlement of shopping and the redevelopment of the town center.
The city charter was Tornesch awarded on January 1, 2005. The conditions for the award were already given years before, but the request was made only after the change of municipal laws. Today are connected to the municipal law no significant privileges more, yet the mayor and some local politicians hoped Tornescher a higher, nationwide reputation of the municipality and thereby also new incentives for investors.
Since the local elections of 2008, the CDU and the SPD seven, five and Alliance 90/The Greens, the FDP have four seats in the council. Bürgervosteherin is Heide-Marie Plambeck ( CDU).
Coat of arms
Blazon: ". Azure, a free standing golden crenellated brick tower with an open gate, on both sides of each accompanied by a golden ash leaf "
The coat of arms was approved on 3 September 1965. It is a so-called "talking " coat of arms, which means it shows what the place name describes: Tower ( the Low German language form of the building is " Torn" ) and ash.
Tornesch has been twinned with the Polish Strzelce Krajeńskie and the town of Gmunden in Austria. A partnership with the Danish municipality Jammerbugt was closed in 2008.
Culture and sights
In the older districts Ahrenlohe and Esingen stand next to rural dwellings of the early modern period and buildings from the early 20th century:
- Ostermann Hof from 1738 (now the home Tornescher house, listed building)
- Inaugurated Esinger Elementary School " John Schwennesen School ", 1906
- Former Ahrenloher elementary school, now dwelling house, club room and the annex office of the volunteer fire department Ahrenlohe.
In the vicinity of the station stood until 2013, the Altenteiler home of former Tornescher Court of 1810 (see story). In addition, there are numerous buildings from the period ( up to the First World War):
- Station building of 1844: It was up today changed a lot and is a listed building, though only the location of the old function remembers. The area of the baggage check was converted by conversion into a newsagents. The old station buffet is by growing once with a shoe store ( Shoe spot), then topped with a video store, now housing a barähnlichen Gastrobetrieb. The upper area is now home to the treatment facility. Some years were housed there, the water operation Tornesch and a hairdresser. For some time the previous owner (Radio dried ) in the lower rooms had its showrooms. In the later built, almost original goods assumption is still an operating room of the DB, and the bike shop Iron Horse.
- The rest of the old distillery (lab part ), built in 1914 /15, converted into a restaurant and office building
- Old Post Office building on the street Esinger
- Villas from the beginning of the 20th century
- The Tornescher church in 1960 emerged. Also located in the town center numerous smaller houses from the early 20th century, as they are often found in the outskirts of Hamburg. There are usually asymmetrically applied Putzbauten. One half is constantly gable, the eaves other constantly. Dr. Klaus Mühlfried described this type as a side projection - house.
School in Esingen Esinger road Year: 1906
Church hall in the school Esinger
Tornescher Church Jürgen- Str Siemsen Year built: 1960
Old Post Office Building in the Esinger Str Year: 1906
Villa on the Ahrenloher road Year of construction 1903
" Side projection - houses" in Friedrichstrasse
Station forecourt with station building Year built: 1844
Station with regional Elmshorn - Pinneberg 2012
The most popular clubs are the mixed choir " Esinger Liedertafel of 1876 ", the oldest club Torneschs and the turn and game club TuS Esingen. Tornesch also has an animal welfare organization. This also has a group of dogs and a kennel asylum. The ASPCA Tornesch Association works closely with the shelter in Elmshorn.
In the city annually acclaimed festivals here are organized by the volunteer fire departments Easter fire as the two-year wine festival in the cultural community and takes place on the grounds in front of the Rathaus Christmas market, where many clubs are present.
Probably the most active cultural institutions of the city is the cultural community Tornesch. Since its founding in 1985, on the occasion of the 700th anniversary of the Urdorfs Esingen it has become an institution. She has created with members of the Esinger Liedertafel the native home for the inhabitants of their city. The Heritage House is the only registered monument of the city Tornesch and is very well accepted by the population.
The largest church is the Evangelical Lutheran Church community on the Jürgen- Siemsen Street. In addition to lying to the church Church Centre, where a children 's play room is located, the church also operates the Bonhoeffer House in Esinger Moor on wax bleacher way.
The hotly debated in the 60s weathercock on the church roof, was built by the plumber Huckfeld. The origin of its own church building in Tornesch was the church hall in the Esinger school. He was nearly to its original state in 2006.
The New Apostolic Church congregation merged in October 2008 with the community Uetersen. The common meeting place is now in Uetersen.
A new building of Jehovah's Witnesses at the fork coupling Damm / Pastor dam. In its former building in the Norderstraße were until 2005 part of the VHS housed.
Since May 2007 Tornesch has a museum. The Ethnographic Museum Mölln court shows on 800m ² in the months of April to October, an ethnological collection in the former outbuildings of the Mölln- yard Tornesch - Esingen.
Since 1991, the toall ( Tornescher fare) tries to revive the culture scene in Tornesch. The events are usually in the elderly day care center " Pomm 91 " instead. A recurring event is still the annually organized by the Association of voluntary welfare associations Christmas market.
In Tornesch several industrial enterprises are located. Based in Tornesch company Panther Packaging has emerged from the Altona Wellpappenfabrik and Meldorfer paper mill.
Other major companies are the Hanseatic wine and Sekt Kontor ( Hawesko Holding AG) and HellermannTyton who are concerned with the fixings and labeling of cables. In addition Tornesch is traditionally a nursery area.
At the station, on the site of the former distillery, some chains have settled as KIK, Aldi, Rossmann, TEDI, as well as a pharmacy, a bakery, hairdresser, solarium and a Edeka market.
The unemployment rate is about 5.3 percent.
In Tornesch is the junction point 15 of the A23 motorway from Hamburg to Heide ( Holstein).
Tornesch has since September 18, 1844 a train station in Hamburg- Altona- section Elmshorn the Altona- Kiel railway, the railway line is a regional R60/R70 part of the Hamburg Transport Association today. At the station of this aside, the single track of the railway Uetersener in the neighboring Uetersen from whose passenger was discontinued in 1965. This was replaced by buses which go even partially Heidgraben. 2009 a footbridge was decided without a roof for better connections to Hamburg road, which could be financed by the urban development measures. Because of vandalism and bad planning, maintenance costs have risen problematic.
Tornesch is on the Hamburg Transport Association ( HVV) directly with the City of Hamburg and the county town of Pinneberg connected. In addition, guarantees the access to the A 23 is a good infrastructure that is attracting more and more individuals and companies in the city. See also: suburbanization.
In the district of Tornesch is the airfield Ahrenlohe.
In the city Tornesch are the Klaus- Groth -Schule ( community school with high school), the Fritz -Reuter- school ( primary school ) and the Johannesburg - Schwennesen - school, primary school Esingen. The Support Centre Wilhelm Busch School was disbanded at the end of the school year 2009/2010. The special education in Tornesch afforded by the Scholl -Schule in Uetersen. The Realschule Tornesch and the main school branch of Fritz Reuter School expired in July 2007. The competent schools are therefore the primary and Regional School Rose City School and the Ludwig- Meyn High School, both located in Uetersen. The city library Tornesch is now in the building of the Klaus- Groth -Schule. Furthermore, there is a common folk high school with Uetersen, which has its headquarters in Tornescher yard.