Toronto - Dominion Bank (TD ) is a Canadian company based in Toronto. The company is listed on the stock index S & P / TSX 60. The company provides financial services for its customers. Toronto - Dominion Bank is the second largest financial institution in Canada. 1855, the Bank of Toronto was founded in 1871 created the Dominion Bank. 1955 merged these two banks to Toronto - Dominion Bank. It has its headquarters in the same Toronto-Dominion Centre in the Financial District of Toronto.
The establishment of the Bank (now Ontario province ) founded in 1855 by a group of entrepreneurs in the province of Canada West. The aim was to establish an institution that offers specific financial services for entrepreneurs. 1854, the first petition of the then provincial government was presented. Thus, the newly formed Millers, Merchants and Farmers Bank of Canada West took first trains. On March 18, 1855 application for a full banking license in Toronto has been deposited with a registered capital of 500,000 British pounds. In July 1856, the Bank of Toronto opened its first branch, with three employees in the 78 Church Street. The Bank began to set up a branch network in the province of Ontario. 1860 was followed by an office in Montreal.
The Bank of Toronto was temporarily in your administration building at 205 Yonge Street.
TD Bank Financial Group business areas are divided into:
- TD Ameritrade - direct banking and wealth management
- TD Asset Management - Global Asset Management
- TD Bank, N. A. - Merger of Commerce Bank, TD Banknorth and TD Bank USA June 1, 2008
- TD Canada Trust - banking private and business customers
- TD Commercial Banking - banking Global business customers
- TD Insurance - Insurance
- TD Securities - Global Investment Banking business customers
- TD Waterhouse - Investment and Wealth Management
- Symcor joint venture for invoicing and accounting. One third each led by the Royal Bank of Canada, Bank of Montreal and the Toronto - Dominion Bank.
Wealth Management offers investors a large diverse portfolio of investment products and services.
TD Securities is the investment banking portion of the bank. It offers various investment products for public and private investors. Traded fixed income and equity products, currencies, commodities and derivatives in the financial world. TD Securities has offices in 18 cities worldwide and employs 3,000 people. TD Securities is a leading investment dealer in North America and has a strong presence in Europe and is even active in Asia.
The Bank is a member of the Canadian Bankers Association ( CBA ) and the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation ( CDIC ), a federal agency that secures the money transactions of all officially registered banks in Canada. Other memberships are:
- NYCE ATM network
- Plus Network for VISA credit cards
- VISA International
- Cipf (Canadian Deposit Insurance Fund )
The bank has offices in every province of Canada, including the Yukon and the Northwest Territories multiple sites. In addition, the company has locations in the USA including in: