Torsby Torsby is the capital of the municipality in the Swedish province of Värmland County, the historical province of Värmland.
The place is located at the northern end of the lake Fryken. There are sawmills and small industry. Torsby is the terminus of the railway line Kil - Torsby. The airport has a daily flight to Stockholm.
In Torsby is a Skigymnasium ( Riksskidgymnasium ) and some primary schools.
In June 2006, Sweden's first and only ski tunnel was opened in Torsby, designed and built by the local firm NIWA. It has a length of 1.3 kilometers, the longest ski tunnel is thus suitable for the world and for biathlon at the time ( April 2007).
Torsby is the center of the Swedish-Norwegian Finnskog region, which was settled by Finnish immigrants, the so-called Forest Finns in the 16th century.
- Sanny Åslund, football coach
- Marcus Berg, football player
- Sven -Goran Eriksson, football coach
- Gosta Liebert, Indologist
- Lars -Erik Walfridsson, Car athletes
- Per-Inge Walfridsson, Car athletes
- Pernilla Walfridsson, Car athlete
- Stig- Olov Walfridsson, Car athletes