Tottori (Japanese鸟取 市, -shi) is a city and administrative center of the homonymous Tottori Prefecture in the southern part of Honshu, the main island of Japan.
Tottori is located near the coast of the Sea of Japan.
Besides the University of Tottori, there are electronics and metal products industry. The city is known also for its sand dunes, which are the largest in Japan.
- Tottori airport
- Street: National Road 9
- National roads 29, 53, 373
- JR Sanin Main Line
- JR INBI - line
Sons and daughters of the town
- Kagawa Kageki ( tanka poet )
- Ozaki Hosai ( haiku poet )
- Jiro Taniguchi ( mangaka )
- Japan Kushiro, Japan ( Hokkaido ) ( since Oct. 4, 1963)
- Japan Himeji, Japan ( Hyogo ) (since March 8, 1972 )
- Japan Iwakuni, Japan ( Yamaguchi ) ( since 13 October 1995)
- Germany Hanau, Germany (Hesse) ( since 2001)
- Flag of South Korea Chongju, South Korea ( Chungchongbuk -Do )
Adjacent Cities and Towns
- Tottori Prefecture Misasa