Toyohashi (Japanese豊 桥 市, -shi) is a city located in Aichi Prefecture on Honshu the main island of Japan.
Toyohashi is located in the Mikawa Bay on the Pacific Ocean southeast of Nagoya.
- Yoshida Castle (吉田 城, Yoshida - jo )
- Futakawa - juku (二 川 宿), one of the famous 53 Stations of the Tōkaidō
- Orthodox Church in Toyohashi (豊橋 ハリストス 正教会), classified as Important Cultural Property of Japan
- Imo bog (苇 毛 湿 原), since 1992 natural monument of Aichi Prefecture
- Toyohashi Zoo, among others, with Botanical Garden, and Museum of Natural History
- Urigō ruins of an approximately 2000 years old settlement
By Toyohashi leads the main east-west railway lines Tōkaidō Main Line and the Tōkaidō Shinkansen. The Toyohashi Station is also the starting station for the transport connections between Toyohashi and Nagoya Aichi prefecture capital of the Meitetsu Nagoya line, as well as for connections to Tatsuno in Nagano Prefecture.
- JR Tōkaidō Shinkansen: Tokyo, Nagoya, Kyoto, Osaka, Hiroshima and Fukuoka
- JR Tōkaidō Main Line: Tokyo and Kobe
- JR Iida Line: by Tatsuno
- Tomei highway, towards Tokyo or Nagoya
- National Highway 1, towards Tokyo or Kyoto
The port of Toyohashi is part of the Port of Mikawa, the largest Japanese import port for automobiles among others the manufacturers Daimler, Volkswagen, Audi, Ford, Porsche. Approximately half of the total automotive imports to Japan via this port. As an export port for cars of the Japanese manufacturer Toyota, Suzuki, Mitsubishi port Mikawa is by sales the largest and according to number of Japan's second largest port .. The Volkswagen Group Japan and Volvo Cars Japan Toyohashi each have their headquarters in Japan.
Besides engineering, there are plastic, wood, metal and textile industries.
Among the most famous products from the Toyohashi Toyohashi fude Kalligrafiepinsel are worth mentioning. 80 % of car sales in Japan high quality Kalligrafiepinsel are produced in Toyohashi.
- Aichi University
- Toyohashi University of Technology
In popular fantasy novel series Harry Potter Toyohashi is the home of a professional Quidditch teams - the Toyohashi Tengu.
In Japanese road movie Kikujiros summer of director Takeshi Kitano, the Plott revolves around a trip from Tokyo to Toyohashi.
Sons and daughters of the town
- Katsuhito Asano ( politician)
- Kitaro (musician )
- Ken Matsudaira (actor)
- Koji Matsushita ( table tennis pro )
- Kyusaku Ogino ( a gynecologist)
- Akiko Suzuki ( figure skater )
- Sakon Yamamoto (Formula 1 driver )
Adjacent Cities and Towns
- Aichi Prefecture Toyokawa
- People's Republic of China Nantong, People's Republic of China ( since 1987)
- United States Toledo, United States ( since 2000)
- Germany Wolfsburg, Germany ( since 2011 )