Toyonaka (Japanese豊 中 市, - shi) is a city in northern Osaka Prefecture on Honshu, the main island of Japan.
Toyonaka is a residential suburb of the neighboring Osaka. Approximately 30 km in a north-easterly direction is Kyoto.
The city received city rights on 15 October 1936.
In the area of rice and wheat is mainly grown. Economically important are petroleum products, textiles and mechanical engineering.
Toyonaka Toyonaka Campus is home to the former imperial and today State University Osaka. The Music Academy is located between the Hankyu Osaka stations Shōnai and Hotarugaike.
Toyonaka is located on the Chugoku Expressway, the Meishin highways and national roads 171,176,423 and 479 The station is located on the Hankyu Takarazuka - Main Line and the Hankyu Kobe Line.
Sons and daughters of the town
- Yaida Hitomi ( born July 28, 1978) - J- pop singer, songwriter and guitarist
- Mayuko Kamio ( born 1986 ), violinist
- Takahiro " Tak " Matsumoto - guitarist, songwriter and composer
- Yoshihiro Murai (* 1960), politician
- Yuka Onishi ( born 1968 ), actress and singer
- Osamu Tezuka (1928-1989), physician and manga artist
Adjacent Cities and Towns
The city is adjacent to Osaka, Suita, Ikeda, Minoo, Amagasaki and Itami.