The Texas Pacific Group (TPG ) is a 1993 founded by David Bonderman, James Coulter and William S. Price venture capital investment company with offices in Fort Worth ( Texas ), San Francisco and London. The company was named after the railway company Texas and Pacific Railroad.
List of equity investments in the U.S.
(As of January 2006 single supplements 2010)
- Denbury Resources Inc. (oil among others, raw materials)
- J.Crew Group, Inc. ( clothing retail ), New York
- Metro -Goldwyn -Mayer Inc. ( MGM) and MGM Pictures ( entertainment industry )
- Seagate Technology ( Electronic storage media )
- ON Semiconductor ( electronics) ( 2007, Texas Pacific Group sold their shares )
- Petco ( pet food retailers )
- Continental Airlines (Airline)
- America West (Airline), USA
- IMS Health ( market research), USA
- Aleris (aluminum recycling, rolled products and profile technology )
- Armstrong World Industries ( global manufacturer of floor coverings )
- Alltel (together with Goldman Sachs), USA
- Avaya (telecommunications), together with Silver Lake Partners
Investments outside the U.S.
(As of December 2010)
- Mey Icki Sanayii ticaret AS (formed from the privatization of state-owned Tekel ( Monopoly on tobacco and tobacco products, alcoholic beverages and salt) ), Turkey
- Grohe ( bathroom fittings ), Germany
- Gemalto (IT ), Netherlands
- TDF (communication ), France
- Lenta ( trading company ), Russia
- The Vita Group ( foam ), UK