Troy is a city in Miami County, Ohio, United States. The population was 21,999 in the census in 2000. Troy is the county seat of Miami County and statistically part of the Dayton metropolitan area.
Troy is located on both banks of the Great Miami River.
1913 Troy was affected during the Great Dayton Flood of severe flooding.
Since 1977, takes place annually on the first weekend in June, the Strawberry Festival, where Troy celebrates the strawberry harvest in the fields of the environment. Since 1980 are the three-day festival and parade through the streets of the city, its own motto.
Since 2003, the Exhibition Sculptures on the Square takes place every two years in the town square of Troy. From May to September sculptures are exhibited by artists such as John Seward Johnson Jr..
In Troy, there are numerous museums, including the Historic WACO Field, the historic Weaver Aircraft Company of Ohio airport where the WACO Air Museum is housed.
The Troy - Haynor Cultural Center, located in the 1814 -built former home of Mary Jane Hayner, not only offers a range of events and courses, but also houses several exhibitions, including the Hayner Distillery Company Permanent Exhibition.
The metalcore band Miss May I come from Troy.
The Company Hobart, a manufacturer of commercial kitchen and dishwashing technology, is headquartered in Troy.
- Cris Carter, football player and television analyst
- Nancy Jane Currie, NASA astronaut, a participant in four Space Shuttle missions, graduated from Troy High School and lives in Troy
- Micah Carli, Hawthorne Heights guitarist of the band, attended the Troy High School
- Kris Dielman, left guard on the football team the San Diego Chargers, the Troy High School graduated in 1999. During Dielman played for the high school, her team reached the 18th place among the schools of the United States.
- Tolbert Lanston, inventor
- William Henson Wallace, politicians
- Matt Terwilliger, Basketball Player