Trunkelsberg is a municipality in the Swabian district of Lower Allgäu region and a member of the administrative community Memmingerberg.
- 2.1 religions
- 2.2 Population development
- 3.1 Coat of Arms
- 5.1 Economy, agriculture and forestry
- 5.2 Education
Trunkelsberg is right on the city limits of Memmingen in the Danube -Iller region in Upper Swabia.
Expansion of the municipal area
The municipal area consists only of the district Trunkelsberg to the villages Trunkelsberg and Geishof belong.
Trunkelsberg probably next Amendingen and Ungerhausen establishing of the former monastery Ottobeuren end of the 8th, a part of the early 9th century. In 972 Otto I claimed these three villages again as a royal possession. Over time Trunkelsberg has passed into the possession of the dominion iron castle. In 1455 Henry VI sold. of iron castle part of the rule, including Trunkelsberg, at the Memminger patrician family Sattelin.
The place remained until 1645 owned by the family and then must well be passed into the possession of the Wachter, salt merchant of Memmingen, which made in 1647 to build the castle. 1729 was the Trunkelsberg lock with two farms, two Sölden and the jurisdiction over the property of Elias Christoph Heuß. The titles of nobility acquired the Heuß in 1738. Since that time, the castle is still owned by the reign of Heuss - Blößt. The place Trunkelsberg even came with the Act of Confederation in 1806 to the Kingdom of Bavaria.
In Trunkelsberg there is the St. Stanislaus Kostka Roman Catholic Church, a branch of the Roman Catholic parish of St. Ulrich in Amendingen. With its own pastor does not have the village.
On the territory of the commune were 1970 911, 1987, 1400 and 2000 counted 1,792 residents a year.
Mayor Klaus Reichert ( constituency association agreement ).
The municipal tax revenue amounted to the equivalent of € 733,000 in 1999, which amounted to the trade tax revenues ( net) converted € 35,000.
Coat of arms
The coat of arms was approved on April 3, 1975 communication from the Government of Swabia.
Blazon: " Divided by silver and red; front a red saddle, behind a golden column with a cross and foundation. "
The determining factor for the earlier history was the - now extinct - Memminger patrician family Sattelin, which was from the mid-15th century to 1645 up in the possession of the place and the " -talking " led crest of a saddle. Then take the front half of the municipality coat of arms reference. Because of their right - and art-historical importance is the standing in the corridor west of the town called Friedsaul that once marked the high limit jurisdiction of the imperial city of Memmingen, reproduced pictorially in the coat of arms.
The design comes from the pen archivist and curator circle P. Aegidius Kolb and the design of the coat of arms took over the Kronacher Karl Haas.
Culture and sights
An attractions are mentioned in Trunkelsberg the Catholic Church of St. Stanislaus Kostka, the former castle Trunkelsberg and the former workers' houses the Künersberger Manufactur. For events is the Unterallgaeu hall on the eastern Ortsteingang available.
→ List of monuments in Trunkelsberg
Economy and infrastructure
Economy, agriculture and forestry
It was in 1998 according to official statistics in the manufacturing sector and not in the trade and transport any social insurance contributions at the workplace. In other areas, 25 people were employed social insurance contributions at the workplace. Social insurance contributions at residence, there were a total of 626 in the manufacturing sector and in construction there were no farms. In addition, in 1999, there were seven farms with an agricultural area of 92 ha, of which 35 hectares of arable land and 57 ha of permanent grassland.
There is a kindergarten with 75 kindergarten places with 59 children (as of 1999). Also, is there a small primary school, with a first and second class, which is located in the municipality building.