Tutajew (Russian Тутаев ) is a town in Yaroslavl Oblast (Russia) with 41,005 inhabitants (as of October 14, 2010 ).
The city is located on the west side of Dani Lower heights, about 40 km northwest of the Oblasthauptstadt Yaroslavl on both sides of the Volga.
Tutajew the Oblast is administratively subordinated directly and as the administrative center of the homonymous Rajons.
The town is the terminus of a railway line which branches off in Tschobakowo ( Чёбаково ) of the route Yaroslavl, Rybinsk Bologoje. The station is located on the right bank of the Volga; it run a few local trains. Between the districts of the left and right of the Volga there is no bridge.
The city Romanov on the left bank of the Volga was built around 1370, named after its founder, the Jaroslawlwer Prince Roman Vasilyevich (according to other sources already in 1283, founded by the Uglich Prince Roman Vladimirovich ). 1491, the city came to the Grand Duchy of Moscow.
The place Borisoglebsk on the right bank of the Volga, over Romanov was first mentioned in the late 15th century as belonging to the Moscow princes fishing village, named after the Saints Boris and Gleb.
1777 received both places the municipal law as administrative centers of circles ( Ujesds ), the latter as Borissoglebskaja sloboda. 1822 the towns were united into Romanov Borisoglebsk. Until the early 20th century, the city was known for its sheepskin and Walker products.
In 1918 it was renamed after the Tutajew Yaroslavl during the so-called uprising in the same year in the town of Red Army soldiers who died Ilya Pavlovich Tutajew ( 1897-1918 ).
Note: Census data (1939 rounded)
Culture and sights
In Tutajew quite a few churches from the 17th and 18th centuries have been preserved, the Exaltation of the Cross Cathedral ( Крестовоздвиженский собор / Krestowosdwischenski Sobor, 1658), the Resurrection Cathedral ( Воскресенский собор / Voskresensky Sobor, 1652-1678 ), Kazan Church of the Transfiguration ( Казанско - Преображенская церковь / Kasansko - Preobraschenskaja Tserkov, 1758) with the bell tower intercession intercession Church ( Покровская церковь / Pokrowskaja Tserkov, 1674) and others; next to large parts of the secular buildings from the 19th century to the former market and today's Kustodijew Boulevard.
Since 2000 there is the life of pre-revolutionary bourgeoisie province of Russia museum dedicated to Dom na Nowinskoi ( house in the Nowinskaja Street).
In Tutajew there are companies of mechanical engineering ( diesel engines) and the textile industry ( linen fabrics, wool processing and skins ).