The district is a district of Tuttlingen in Baden- Württemberg. It belongs to the Schwarzwald- Baar- Heuberg in the administrative district of Freiburg. It is bordered on the north by the district of Rottweil and the Zollernalbkreis, on the east by the district of Sigmaringen, on the south by the district of Konstanz and the west by the Schwarzwald-Baar -Kreis.
- 3.1 Kreistag
- 3.2 District
- 3.3 District Finance
- 3.4 Coat of Arms
- 4.1 Economics
- 4.2 traffic 4.2.1 rail
- 4.2.2 road
The district Tuttlingen comprised of mainly parts of the Swabian Alb (Heuberg, Baaralb and Hegaualb with the transition to the Upper Swabian foothills of the Alps ) and the Gäulandschaft of Albvorlandes ( Baar ) in the west. The highest elevation is the Lemberg 1015 m, the deepest point is located in the Hattinger valley 570 m above sea level. The largest expansion of the district amounted to 31 km (east- west) and 38 km ( north-south).
The area of the district Tuttlingen belonged before 1800 to a variety of dominions, including front Austria and Württemberg. Back in the 15th century Württemberg Oberamt Tuttlingen was built, which was circumscribed in 1806 new and also after that changed a few times. So the community Schwenningen am Neckar 1842 issued to the Higher Rottweil. For most Austrian regions, the upper office Spaichingen had been formed in 1806. Both upper offices belonged from 1810 to bailiwick on the Upper Neckar and from 1818 to the Black Forest Circle, which was dissolved in 1924. 1934 both upper offices were renamed in 1938, the counties and county Spaichingen was dissolved. Most communities were doing to the district of Tuttlingen, some to the district Balingen.
After 1945, the Tuttlingen district belonged to the state of Württemberg -Hohenzollern, which rose in 1952 in the state of Baden -Württemberg. From there, the county belonged to the governmental district of South Württemberg -Hohenzollern.
In the district reform on 1 January 1973, the district Tuttlingen Baden received some communities of the dissolved districts Donaueschingen and Stockach and the community Bärenthal from Sigmaringen County, he also gave the community Tuningen to the Schwarzwald- Baar-Kreis. Since then he belongs to the administrative district of Freiburg.
After completion of the municipal reform of Tuttlingen district comprises 35 municipalities, including six cities and of these, in turn, a large district ( Tuttlingen ). Largest city is Tuttlingen, smallest municipality is Bärenthal.
The population figures are census results (¹) or official updates by the State Statistical Office of Baden- Württemberg ( only primary residences ).
The fertility rate of 1.6 children per woman in 2008 was the highest in Baden- Württemberg, also part of the county demographically the best placed throughout Germany.
The district is administered by the county council and the district administration. The council elects the District for a term of 8 years. This is the legal representative and the representative of the district as well as Chairman of the County Council and its committees, but has no vote in the committees. He directs the district office and is an official of the circle. His area of responsibility includes the preparation of the district council meetings and its committees. He shall convene meetings, directs this and implements the decisions taken there. His deputy is the first state officials.
The district council is elected by the voters in the district for five years. The municipal election held on 7 June 2009 yielded the following distribution of seats (47 seats, previously 48):
The council elects the District for a term of eight years.
The upper office men of former top official from 1807 to 1934 are shown below Oberamt Tuttlingen.
The district councils of the district Tuttlingen since 1934:
The debt of the county end of 2008 was 34.7 million euros.
Coat of arms
News of Arms
The coat of arms of the district of Tuttlingen shows in shared sign up in a gold deer lying black bar at the bottom of a blue under half vierspeichiges golden wheel The new coat of arms was granted on 28 February 1961, after the district reform on 12 October 1973.
The deer rod symbolizes Württemberg, were among the Tuttlingen, Trossingen and smaller places since 1444. The wheel represents the front Upper Austrian county of Hohenberg, belonged to the Spaichingen. The coat of arms shows therefore that the county was formed in 1938 from the former top offices Tuttlingen and Spaichingen.
See also: List of coats of arms in the district of Tuttlingen
Economy and infrastructure
The district Tuttlingen is economically very well since ( 18 of about 400 in Germany, fourth in Baden-Württemberg, first outside the Stuttgart region) and has a low unemployment, especially youth unemployment. The county is in Germany, the county with the highest job supply
The traffic of the district Tuttlingen is dominated by the long-distance connections Stuttgart - Zurich / Lake Constance in the north-south and Ulm - Freiburg in east-west direction. One limitation for large transport axes represents the low mountain range, in particular the Great Heuberg.
The district Tuttlingen is accessed by a total of five active rail lines. Specifically, these are:
- The Gäubahn from Stuttgart to Singen ( Hohentwiel ) in section Aldingen - Spaichingen - Tuttlingen
- The Donautalbahn from Donaueschingen to Ulm in section Geisingen - Immendingen - Tuttlingen - Fridingen
- The Wutachtalbahn of Immendingen to Waldshut in section Geisingen - Leipferdingen - Immendingen
- The Black Forest Railway from Offenburg to Konstanz in section Geisingen - Immendingen
- The Trossinger Railway
In the long-distance transport is Tuttlingen stop the trains running in 2 -hour intervals Intercity trains between Stuttgart and Zurich. Directly to the national transport are Aldingen, Spaichingen, Tuttlingen, Geisingen, Immendingen and Fridingen connected. Since the implementation of the Ringzug concept of 2003, in particular the transport has improved substantially in the county. Thus today a large number of municipalities in the district again its own railway stop on weekdays and an hourly Ringzug traffic is driven normally. In total there are so today in the district 28 active rail stops, of which eight alone in the area of Tuttlingen. For commuter traffic in the circle of composite TUTicket is responsible.
The district area is in the far southwest touches Stuttgart- Singen ( Hohentwiel ) of the Federal Highway 81. Furthermore, around 90 km of federal, state and more than 200 km 150 km county roads open up the county. The B 14 Stuttgart - Stockach runs through the county area of northwest to southeast. The B 523 connects Tuttlingen with the regional center of Villingen -Schwenningen. The leading through the county highways 31 and 311 form a major east-west axis ( Freiburg im Breisgau- Ulm) in Baden- Württemberg. And the B 491 via Emmingen- Liptingen to Engen Hegau.
The district Tuttlingen is received the following Professional Schools: Ferdinand- von-Steinbeis - school (Business Schools ) Tuttlingen, Commercial and Domestic Schools Tuttlingen and Vocational schools Spaichingen, also the following special schools: Johann- Peter-Hebel - School for mentally handicapped with Schulkindergarten Tuttlingen, Sprachheilkindergarten Tuttlingen and Sprachheilschule Balgheim.
The district Tuttlingen is also carrier of the hospital and health center Tuttlingen Tuttlingen district and health center Spaichingen. He also maintains the district media center Tuttlingen and the Social Psychiatric Service Tuttlingen.
Culture and sights
The county operates its own regional rural open-air museum in Neuhausen ob Eck. In this museum village rural history of the county and the region is vividly.
Since 2004, the Tuttlingen district organized in the series circuit of art culture 's own cultural events. In addition, the Great Heuberg is more intense than " Donaubergland " advertised ( Upper Danube Nature Park, Donaubergland land). This should be countered that the county belongs to the bottom 15% of all German counties, based on the number of nights.
Cities and Towns
(Population at 31 December 2012)
Agreed administrative communities and local government associations
The "old" district Tuttlingen
Before the district reform on 1 January 1973, or before the municipal reform were part of the ( old ) Tuttlingen district since 1938 a total of 37 municipalities, including five cities. The church astray village was spatially separated from the actual circle area. In between lay the belonging to the district of Sigmaringen community Bärenthal.
On March 7, 1968, the parliament of Baden -Württemberg has paved the way for a church reform. The Act to Strengthen the administrative power of smaller communities, it was possible that smaller communities could voluntarily unite to form larger communities. The first in the old district of Tuttlingen made on 1 December 1971, the community shura, which united with the city Trossingen. In the following years the number of municipalities decreased steadily.
In 1972, the congregation astray village was renamed Irndorf.
The remaining municipalities in the old district Tuttlingen went on 1 January 1973 on the new enlarged Tuttlingen district, only Tuningen changed in the Schwarzwald-Baar -Kreis.
Largest parish of the old district Tuttlingen, the town was Tuttlingen, which in 1956 was large district since April 1, smallest municipality was Reichenbach am Heuberg.
The old district of Tuttlingen included last an area of 455 km ² and had at the 1970 census, a total of 90.380 inhabitants.
Population development of the old district Tuttlingen to 1970. All population figures are census results.
The communities of the old district of Tuttlingen in front of the municipal reform. All parishes are still for Tuttlingen district, with the exception of Tuningen, part of the Schwarzwald- Baar-Kreis.