The city is located in the south of the West Siberian lowland, in the plain between the Ishim and the Irtysh, about 140 km northwest of the Oblasthauptstadt Omsk. Through the city flows the Tjukalka, a swelling of the left river Irtysh tributary Oscha.
The city is the Tjukalinsk Oblast administratively subordinated directly and as the administrative center of the homonymous Rajons.
1759 was built at site of the present city at the former Siberian tract a post office, named after the river, from 1763 Tjukalinskaja sloboda.
1823 for the first time a city charter was granted as Tjukalinsk, but withdrawn in 1838. From 1878, Tjukalinsk was again city and administrative center of a circle ( Ujesds ) of the then province of Tobolsk.
In addition to agriculture were also the transport along the tract and regional trade sources of income of the population. With the opening of the western section of the Trans-Siberian Railway Chelyabinsk - Omsk in 1896 and finally after the building of the connecting piece of the northern route Tyumen - Omsk to 1913, both of which dealt Tjukalinsk spacious south, the city lost this meaning.
Note: Census data (1926-1939 rounded)
Culture and sights
In the city there is a local history museum.
Economy and infrastructure
In Tjukalinsk there are companies in the food industry and the timber industry.
The nearest railway station is located about 80 kilometers southwest in Nasywajewsk on the Trans -Siberian Railway, where a road leads. The highway R402 Tyumen - Ishim - Omsk that follows for long stretches of the former Siberian highway, bypasses the city to the northeast.
Sons and daughters of the town
- Vladimir Petrovich Smortschkow (* 1980), Weightlifting