UFC 121: Lesnar vs. Velasquez was an event of mixed martial arts organization Ultimate Fighting Championship. It took place on October 23, 2010 at the Honda Center in Anaheim (California, USA). The main bout of the evening denied the former world heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar and challenger and later winner and new champion Cain Velasquez.
- 3.1 Special premiums
- 3.2 salaries
After UFC 59, UFC 64 and UFC 76, this was the fourth event of the UFC at the Honda Center. The event was broadcast on U.S. pay - TV channels NCM Fathorn. Fighting in the middleweight " Patrick Coté vs. Tom Lawlor "and" Court McGee vs. Ryan Jensen " were also broadcast on Spike TV. The latter station also broadcast the preliminary reporting UFC Primetime.
Jon Madsen was supposed to meet Todd Duffee, this was injured but the knees so that Madsen met Gilbert Yvel.
The event was attended by 14,856 spectators attended, which meant revenue through ticket sales of 2.237 million U.S. dollars. Per Pay TV looked to 1.05 million people in the U.S. alone.
- Heavyweight Fight: Jon Madsen vs. United States. Gilbert Yvel Netherlands
- Middleweight fight: Canada Sam Stout vs.. England Paul Taylor
- Welterweight Fight: USA vs. Mike Guymon. United States Daniel Roberts
- Middleweight Fight: Canada vs. Patrick Coté. United States Tom Lawlor
- Middleweight fight: United States Court McGee vs. Jensen United States Ryan
- Heavyweight Fight: Brendan Schaub vs. United States. Brazil Gabriel Gonzaga
- Light Heavyweight Fight: United States Tito Ortiz vs.. United States Matt Hamill
- Heavyweight Fight: United States Brock Lesnar ( c ) vs. United States Cain Velasquez
Special bonuses & salaries
The following bonus payments in the current rate of U.S. $ 70,000 were paid:
- Fight of the Night: United States Diego Sanchez vs.. Brazil Paulo Thaigo
- Knockout of the Night: United States Cain Velasquez
- Submission of the Night: United States Daniel Roberts
The following salaries and bonuses victories were paid:
- Cain Velasquez :: $ 200,000 (including 100,000 Siege bonus ) defeated Brock Lesnar: $ 400,000
- Jake Shields: $ 150,000 (including 75,000 victory bonus ) defeated Martin Kampmann: $ 27,000
- Diego Sanchez: $ 100,000 ( including 50,000 victory bonus ) defeated Paulo Thiago: $ 18,000
- Matt Hamill: $ 58,000 (including 29,000 victory bonus ) defeated Tito Ortiz: $ 250,000
- Brendan Schaub: $ 20,000 ( including 10,000 victory bonus ) defeated Gabriel Gonzaga: $ 67,000
- Court McGee: $ 30,000 (including 15,000 victory bonus ) defeated Ryan Jensen: $ 10,000
- Daniel Roberts: $ 16,000 (including 8,000 victories bonus ) defeated Mike Guymon: $ 8,000
- Sam Stout: $ 32,000 (including 16,000 victory bonus ) defeated Paul Taylor: $ 16,000
- Chris Camozzi: $ 16,000 (including 8,000 victories bonus ) defeated Dongi Yang: $ 8,000
- Jon Madsen: $ 16,000 (including 8,000 victories bonus ) defeated Gilbert Yvel: $ 30,000