Ufhusen from the village entrance
Ufhusen is a municipality in the constituency Willisau the canton of Lucerne in Switzerland.
The municipality is located in the hills, 7 km west of Willisau at the cantonal border Bern / Luzern. The southern boundary of the municipality is the Warmisbach, the first of the nurture forest to Bärenhüsli (municipality Luthern ) northeastward flows - and then he led to the north, where it flows into Hüswil ( district of Zell LU ) from the right in the ( Gondiswiler ) Rotbach. The North West Frontier (simultaneously cantonal boundary), along the Ibach, which opens at the stop Gondiswil from the right in the ( Gondiswiler ) Rotbach. South of Ibachs are the ash forest and Gummersbach forest. The village is situated in a high valley south of Hüswil. The hamlet angel Magnificent ( 658 m asl ) is located 900 m northwest of the village south of the Rotbachs. Also belongs to the municipality of the district of Ruefswil (1.5 km south-east; 653 m asl ) at the Luthern in the homonymous valley. Many other small hamlets and farmhouses can be found south of the village. The highest points are at 815 m above sea level east ( Hilferding Increase ) and south ( Hübeli ) of Upper Help Erdingen (2.2 km south of the village; 789 m above sea level ). From the community area of 1225 ha a fifth ( 20.7 %) is covered by forest. As a result of the many clearings 73.6 % is used for agriculture. A further 5.6 % is urbanized area.
Ufhusen borders Fischbach, Luthern, Willisau and cell in the canton of Lucerne - as well as Eriswil, Gondiswil and Huttwil in the Canton of Bern.
The population grew 1798-1850 only slightly ( from 1798 to 1850: 5.6 %). After that, the community became entangled in the flight from the land - the exodus of the rural communities in the industrial centers. The number of residents fell to the year 1900 (1850-1900: -16.6 %) - particularly strong 1880-1888 ( 1880-1888: -10.1 %). Apart from two short periods of stagnation, they then grew to 1941 again almost to the level of 1850 ( from 1900 to 1941: 16.5 %). Thereafter, a second great wave of migration that lasted until the year 1980 began ( 1941 to 1980: -24.3 %), as an absolute low of the population was reached. Since then, the population is growing again (1980-2004: 14.0 %).
The population used as everyday language, a high- Alemannic dialect. At the last census in 2000 gave 98.61 % German and 0.51% depending French and Albanian as a primary language.
Religions - faiths
Previously, all the inhabitants were members of the Roman Catholic Church. By leaving the church and immigration from other regions in Switzerland and abroad, this has changed. Today ( as of 2000) looks the religious landscape as follows. There are 72.62 % and 21.42% Roman Catholic Evangelical Protestant Christians. In addition, one finds 1.77% and 0.51 % non-religious Muslims.
Origin - Nationality
Of the 829 residents in late 2006 were 815 Swiss and 14 ( = 1.7 %) foreigners. At the last census was 98.10 % Swiss nationals. The few foreigners come from Serbia and Montenegro ( Albanians ), Bosnia - Herzegovina, Austria and Poland.
Ufhusen is served by the postal bus Hüswil - Ufhusen grid of public transport. In Hüswil there is a stop on the railway line Luzern- Langenthal. Ufhusen village has no main road and the nearest motorway in Sursee and Dagmersellen on the A2 are both 19 km away.
First mention is the place in 1160 in the Acta Murensia, a nomenclature of goods of the monastery of Muri in the canton of Aargau. There a Ymzo nobilis de Ufhusen is listed as a patron. The congregation joined in the 13th century to the Habsburgs, and came to the county Willisau. In 1407 the city bought Lucerne this and made her bailiwick Willisau. The lower courts exercised - first on behalf of the Habsburgs, then from Lucerne - the lords of Büttikon from. In 1516 Lucerne also took over the lower courts. Until 1798, nothing more changed the balance of power. In that year Ufhusen was part of the district Willisau and came in 1803 to the newly-created Office Willisau.
Warmisbach at Lochmüli, Ufhusen
Quarry and gravel pit near Ruefswil