Ugu District Municipality
- 30.7530.433333333333Koordinaten: 30 ° 45 ' S, 30 ° 26' O
Ugu is a district within the province of KwaZulu -Natal in South Africa. He has 722 484 inhabitants (as of 2011) on a total area of 5,047 square kilometers. Seat of the district administration is Port Shepstone.
The district name refers to the Zulu word for coast.
As an example of the infrastructure here, the water supply of households ( HWA = own household water supply; ÖWA = mains water nearby; KWA = no connection to a water supply network ):
Parks and Nature Reserves
- Empisini nature reserve
- KwaFodo nature reserve
- KwaMachi nature reserve
- Ngeli nature reserve
- T.C. Robertson Nature Reserve
- Umdoni Park Nature Reserve
- Vernon Crookes Nature Reserve
External links and sources
- Official website (English)
- KZN Municipal Portfolio ( English)