United Bible Societies
The United Bible Societies (UBS, German United Bible Societies and World Bible Societies ) is a worldwide association of Bible societies. In 1946, UBS was established by the delegates from 13 countries in Haywards Heath ( Great Britain) to coordinate the activities of the United Bible Societies. UBS has headquarters in London and Geneva.
UBS is an NGO in an advisory capacity to UNESCO. This is a precursor to the status of a UNESCO partner, for which, UBS may apply from 2014.
2011 were distributed through the 146 national Bible Societies UBS 32.1 million Bibles. Alone in Brazil, there were 8 million copies.
In January 2006, UBS was 141 member organizations that are active in more than 200 countries and territories. Among them are:
- British and Foreign Bible Society (1804 )
- Pennsylvania Bible Society (1808 )
- American Bible Society (1816 )
- Bible Society In Australia ( 1817)
- Bible Society NSW (1817 )
- Colombian Bible Society (1825 )
- Bible Society in New Zealand ( 1846)
- Canadian Bible Society (1904 )
- German Bible Society (1948 )
- Swiss Bible Society (1955 )
- Palestinian Bible Society (1993 )
- Alliance Biblique Universal
- Sociedad Biblicas Unidas
- Bible Society of South Africa
- Ukrainian Bible Society
- Russian Bible Society
- Japanese Bible Society
- Hungarian Bible Society
- Dutch Bible Society