ÃšstÃ nad Labem District
Okres Ústí nad Labem ( German: District Ústí nad Labem ) is the smallest district of Ústí nad Labem Region Region in the Czech Republic. The district is located in northern Bohemia between the Eastern Ore Mountains, the Bohemian Switzerland and the Bohemian Central Mountains. The Okresy were comparable to those counties in Germany in about and were disbanded on 31 December 2002 as authorities.
At 404 km ² live in 23 municipalities with 103 districts, three cities ( Ústí nad Labem, Chabařovice and Trmice ) approximately 118,000 inhabitants. The population density is the fourth largest in the Czech Republic. 31 % of the area covered forests, 45 % is used for agriculture.
The economic development is closely linked with the development of the district and county town of Ústí nad Labem ( Ústí nad Labem ). Key industries are the chemical industry, energy and transport.
Historic buildings and monuments
- At the time of the Hussite Wars and the Battle of Usti 1426 will be remembered in Běháně.
- In Přestanov ( Priesten ) Stradov ( Straden ) Chlumec ( Kulm ) and Varvažov ( Arbesau ) found battles against Napoleon Bonaparte held in 1813.
- Krasne Brezno Castle ( Schönpriesen )
- In Stadice ( Staditz ) is remembered on Královské pole (Royal Field ) in the Bohemian ruler Přemyslovci.
- Ruins of Castle Střekov ( Schreckenstein )
- At the epoch of the Renaissance churches remember in Svádov ( swaths ) and Valtířov ( Waltire ) with sculptures of stone masons from Saxony.
- Neo-Gothic castle in Trmice ( Türmitz )
- From Dubice church in Dubice (municipality Řehlovice ) offers a panoramic view of the Elbe Valley.
- In Ústí nad Labem ( Usti nad Labem ) visit today is the Cathedral of the Assumption ( 1318 ), Church of St. Vojtěch with the Dominican monastery ( 1715-30 ),
And the city theater with Neoclassical parts ( 1908-09 ).
- Castle Březno (Great Billed ) with a gardens with rare trees and shrubs
Cities and Towns
Dolni Zálezly ( Salesel ) - Habrovany ( Habrowan ) - Homole u Panny ( Hummel ) - Chabařovice ( Karbitz ) - Chlumec ( Kulm ) - Chuderov (wholesale Kaudern ) - Libouchec (Royal Forest) - Male Brezno (small Priesen ) - Malečov ( Malschen ) - Petro Vice ( Peter Forest) - Povrly ( Pömerle ) - Přestanov ( Priesten ) - Ryjice ( Reindlitz ) - Řehlovice ( Großtschochau ) - Stebno ( Stöben ) - Tašov ( Taschow ) - Telnice ( Tellnitz ) - Tisa ( Tissa ) - Trmice ( Türmitz ) - Ústí nad Labem ( Usti nad Labem ) - Březno (Great Billed ) - Velké Chvojno ( Bohemian Kahn ) - Zubrnice ( Saubernitz )
The Okres Ústí nad Labem includes the historic judicial districts Aussig and Karbitz.