63.06666666666722.1Koordinaten: 63 ° 4 ' N, 22 ° 6' O
The former municipality Vähäkyrö [ ˌ ʋæɦæ Kyro ] (Swedish: Lillkyro ) is Vaasa in Finland in the Ostrobothnia landscape and belonged to the administrative community Kyrönmaa. Vähäkyrö was incorporated in 2013 to Vaasa and thus belongs to the administrative community Vaasa.
The site covers an area of 177.68 km2, of which 1.99 km2 inland water surface. The formerly independent municipality, the municipality had number 942 at the time of dissolution of the municipality on 31 December 2012, it had 4,727 inhabitants, the population density was 26.9 inhabitants. / Km ².
The settlement extends to a uniform strip on both sides of the very river fishing Kyrönjoki and concentrated in the districts Kirkonkylä ( Kirchdorf ) Merikaarto and Tervajoki.
The village is surrounded by fields and a forest, where they found traces and relics of glacial colonization.
The first inhabitants settled down at the beginning of our era in the area, as the country slowly began to lift from the sea. When the coastline receded, people gradually adopted the new land owned, while further maintained their old Seehandelsverbindungen. Bear witness to the abundant prehistoric grave finds, for example, a wine ladle, which was created in 100 AD in the Roman Capua and served AD as grave goods in the 4th century, or Arabic coins, dating from the 9th century.
Vähäkyrö became independent in 1607 and received his first church in 1610. The present church was completed in 1803, the bell tower, however, already 1767th
The story of Vähäkyrö is shown in the home and in the tinsmiths Museum.
Sons and daughters of the community
- Erik Tulindberg (* 1761, † 1814), the first Finnish composer of classical music