Varchentin is a municipality in the district of Mecklenburg Lake District Mecklenburg -Vorpommern ( Germany ). It is goods with headquarters in the city goods managed by the Office Lakelands (Müritz). To Varchentin include the districts Beckenkrug and Carolinenhof.
The community Varchentin in the Mecklenburg Lake District is situated on the extensive 200 ha Great Varchentiner lake. A few hundred meters southwest of the village is the little Varchentiner lake, which is like its big neighbor surrounded by a belt of reeds.
Varchentin is situated on the national highway 194 halfway between Waren (Müritz) and Stavenhagen, which are removed during the 14 km from Varchentin. In these two cities are also the nearest railway stations. The regional road connects Varchentin with Möllenhagen on the B 192
1333 emerged the place Varchentin, whose name comes from the Slavic, the first time in a document on. Between 1270 and 1280 the Varchentiner church was built. The old village Varchentin lay on the shores of the Great Lake and Varchentiner in 1827 southeast of the church created. The settlers were day laborers of the estate organized Varchentin whose owners often changed, including a mayor of goods as well as the family Rostke. 1836 acquired the banker Gottlieb Jenischhaus the estate and left it there to build the castle, which came from his daughter Marie in the possession of the Counts Grote ( she was married to Adolf Graf Grote ). As of 1924, the operation had its economic boom. For Schlossgut included over 1700 acres of the surrounding land and virtually the entire population of the lying in state in places depending on the count's family. Their last head of the Nazi official and SS Oberführer Friedrich Franz Graf Grote fell in 1942 in Russia. His American -born wife was able to emigrate with the children in the United States. The place has the Second World War, survived almost unscathed. In the castle from 1945 to 1947, Russian troops were quartered, then served the castle estate as agricultural school and a hotel.
Varchentin is dominated by agriculture until today. The mid -90s built fire station and the adjoining village square are the centers of community life.
- Castle Varchentin 1847 built in the Tudor style by the Hamburg banker Gottlieb Jenischhaus to plans by the Swiss architect Auguste de Meuron, later extended by a south wing. The castle includes several stately farm buildings, including the somewhat remotely located Orangerie and pheasant, as well as the south of the castle located in the forest and built in 1895 in Neo-Renaissance style mausoleum of Count Grote. The landscape park was designed according to plans by Peter Joseph. In the park there is a man-made channel connecting the two lakes Varchentiner that is dry fallen through the sunken water table.
- The Church is a Gothic brick building of the 13th century, with a two-aisle, zweijochigen nave, originally with ribbed vaults on a central pillar, flat ceilings today. The choir has drawn a ribbed vault. The church was rebuilt several times and was in the 19th century a wooden square west tower.
- Windmill in the district Beckenkrug: The 150 year old thatched mill was converted into an apartment.
Lenne Park and Castle
Mausoleum of the Earls Grote
Church in Varchentin