Wajera (Hebrew " And there appeared " to complete, God ) denotes a reading section ( or Parasha Sidra ) comprises the Torah and the text gene / Bereshit 18.1 to 22.24.
It is the Sidra of the third Shabbat of the month Marche swan.
- Three hosted by Abraham angels announce the birth of a son of Sara
- Abraham asks for sparing the city of Sodom and haggle with God
- The two angels coming to Lot after Sodom and be hospitably received there, are to be delivered to the Sodomites
- Lot, his wife and two daughters to escape before the city is destroyed by the fiery brimstone
- Lot's wife looks back and solidify into a pillar of salt
- In the cave of Zoar Lot testifies, the wine of daughters intoxicated, with each daughter a son, Moab and Ammon, the ancestors of the tribes of the same
- In the land of the Philistines, Abraham is, as in Egypt Sara as his sister from
- Isaac's birth, circumcision and weaning
- Expulsion of Hagar, together with her son Ishmael at the request of Sara
- In the desert, an angel to Hagar shows a well from which it saturates the thirsty child
- Alliance of the Philistine king with Abraham
- After the number seven - Abraham gives Abimelech seven ewe lambs for the fountain - the city receives the name Be'er Sheva ( pun on "Seven Fountains " and " oath fountain" )
- To put Abraham to the test, God commands him to sacrifice his son Isaac in the land of Moria ( " akeda " )
- An angel of the Lord intervenes and prevents the sacrifice
- Enumeration of the descendants of Nahor, Abraham's brother
The associated Haftarah is II Kings 4.1 to 37.