The district of Vechta is a district in the west of Lower Saxony. County seat is Vechta.
- 6.1 Rail transport
- 6.2 Road traffic
- 6.3 Public transport
The district is located in Oldenburg Munster country and extends over some 60 km north-south and 20 km east-west between Bremen and Oldenburg ( Oldenburg) on the one hand and on the other hand Osnabrück.
The county lies in the North German Plain. In the northeast it has a share in the natural park Geest, in the south of the nature park Dammer Berge - Dumber. The Dammer Mountains are a mountain range to 146 m high. In the east, large raised bogs form a natural border to the district Diepholz, some of which are put under protection; the west and the center of the district are relatively deep and are of a number of small tributaries of the hare running through it. In the northeast, the Hunte forms the county boundary; it absorbs the surface water of the areas to the east of the county.
The county is bordered on the northwest by the district of Cloppenburg, in the north of the district of Oldenburg, on the east by the county Diepholz and in the south and west by the district of Osnabrück.
In the early Middle Ages settled on the territory of today Vechta Westphalia Saxony. The north of the area belonged to Lerigau, the south to Dersagau.
In 1252, the governance of the Counts of Berg Ravens went over to the Bishop of Münster in the "rule of Vechta ". Until 1803 the area was part of the Bishopric of Münster. On 18 July 1803, the Office of Vechta as " bailiwick " in the Duchy of Oldenburg was incorporated. Apart from a brief interruption in the years 1810-1814, in which Vechta was part of the Empire, France, the area remained Oldenburg until 1946. Since the founding of the country in 1946 the district of Vechta is associated with the state of Lower Saxony.
Most towns and villages of the district of Vechta were already part of the 1252 rule Vechta. The parishes Emstek and Cappeln were defeated in 1814 the district of Cloppenburg; the parish Twist rings in 1817 ceded to the Kingdom of Hanover. In 1879 the Office of Vechta has been increased by the area of the two resolved offices Damme and Steinfeld. 1939 from the Office of the Vechta district of Vechta.
In the course of the Lower Saxon regional reform came in 1974 before the district Osnabrück belonging communities Voerden, Hörsten and Hinnenkamp the district of Vechta. They were part of the municipality newly formed New -Vörden.
Until 1998, the county government resided in the present Niels Stensen - house on the former grounds of the castle Vechta. 1998, the new county house on the Ravens Straße was completed. The building complex is based on a design by Eckhard Gerber (Hannover). The outer drum ends are veneered with Bockhorner clinker. There is a walk through the main entrance on the Ravens Straße. The opened the park to the east side facility encloses a landscaped, open inner district with elongated pool of water. The gathering area is a rotunda designed with hall, small meeting room and a café. In the front courtyard are ten wooden steles of the Lohner artist Ulrich Fox, which should symbolize the ten cities and towns of the district. The plant will be completed in the rear parking area by the " Steel Gate" by Horst Linn.
The district of Vechta heard as the district of Cloppenburg, the Emsland district, the former pins Osnabrück ( this, however, only about 50%) and Hildesheim and the Untereichsfeld to the regions in Lower Saxony, which - in contrast to most of the country - traditionally by the Catholic Church are marked. In Vechta, the seat of the Episcopal is Münstersche Officiality the diocese of Münster, which is prosecuted ex officio dubbed popularly known as Moor Pope.
The district of Vechta is one of the booming areas of northern Germany. Particular growth has been recorded in the sectors of food industry, mechanical and plant engineering, plastics engineering and construction industry. The position in the Business Ranking 2011 was number 61 of 393 districts ..
This also has an impact on employment. The unemployment rate of 4% is one of the lowest, the notional rate of over 80 % at one of the highest in Germany.
In addition, the district of Vechta with the neighboring district of Cloppenburg the youngest of the Federal Republic due to the high birth rates of 1.8 ( Vechta) and 1.9 ( Cloppenburg ). The reason for this are the classic roles of men and women in the conservative region and the relatively high number of German-Russian emigrants in the area, which have tended to have higher birth rate, called.
The district of Vechta applies together with the district of Cloppenburg as the center of the so-called meat processing industry in Oldenburger Munsterland. The area has a high concentration of feedlots for pigs, poultry and beef.
Membership in institutions
The district of Vechta is a member of the " Oldenburgische landscape ", a registered corporation under public law for the care and support of cultural and historical interests in the former country of Oldenburg, and in the " composite Oldenburger Munsterland ", an institution for the promotion of tourism in the rural districts of Vechta and Cloppenburg.
The district of Vechta was initially developed by the Oldenburg State Railways.
From Ahlhorn on the main railway Oldenburg -Osnabrück led from 1885 a branch railway to Vechta, which was extended in 1888 to wages. The ongoing construction to new churches in 1899 and 1900 Hesepe took place only after 1898, the direct line was opened from Delmenhorst to Vechta.
The branch line Holdorf - Damme also created in 1900. Graduated there in 1914 Wittlager orbit AG according to their line of Bohmte.
In the same year the Union of Railways Vechta Cloppenburg opened the connection to the county seat of neighboring Cloppenburg.
39 km from the 91 km routes with passenger traffic were shut down within ten years:
The railway line Holdorf - Damme has been used sporadically until about the mid-1990s by Dammer agricultural machinery manufacturer Grimme for the transport of goods. After these Terms is set, the line was completely dismantled from 2000 onwards. Now on the former railway embankment a cycle path.
The railway wages - Dinklage was also dismantled from 2000 onwards, it came to 1999, only the function of a sporadic used transport route for goods Dinklager animal feed manufacturer and country trade to HBD. On the site of operation only the remains of the railway track reminiscent of the former railway track on parts of the old railway embankment runs now - as on the track Holdorf - Damme - a bike path.
The remaining north-south route is operated by the North Western Railway.
- German motorways A 1 (Hansa Line )
- B 69; B 214
The railway line Delmenhorts-Hesepe/Bramsche is navigated by the North Western Railway and the following stations in the district of Vechta between Bremen and Osnabrück served ( North-South ): Right field, Goldenstedt, air tubes, Vechta, wages, mills, Steinfeld, Holdorf and new churches. Connection in both directions in each 60 -minute intervals ( daily from 4 clock in the morning and 1 clock at night, break in operation only 1-4 clock at night)
The bus was founded in 2007 by school bus traffic with establishing the Transport Community District of Vechta ( VGV ) switched to public transport. Although between some towns operate only on school days buses, but while on all lines leading to Vechta, ( almost) every day buses ( Sunday and holidays not operating on all lines ). From Monday to Saturday service also operated by the VGV StadtBus Vechta in a 60 minute cycle between all stops. The city bus was launched in 2008 as a pilot project and ran until the end of 2011. Due to the ridership of 94,000 now transport ( in 2011 ) proved the system as a success and will be continued since then. At district level, the bus pilot project Moobil was launched on 31 October 2013. This newly created bus with 14 minibuses serve all communities in the district of Vechta and be demand-driven aligned (ie, there are bus stops, which are routes to a fixed line speed and request stops that are approached to order by phone or Internet). The project is funded by the state of Lower Saxony, the district of Vechta and the cities and Gemeindem in the district and the local bus company.
Cities and Towns
(in brackets inhabitants on 31 December 2012 )