The transport association Rhein-Sieg (VRS ) on September 1, 1987 as a limited liability company from Oberbergisch district, the Rheinisch- Bergisch district, the Rhein -Erft, the Rhein- Sieg-Kreis, of the cities of Bonn, Cologne and Leverkusen as well as the city of Monheim am Rhein founded by the municipal transport companies as well as the German Federal Railroad in the district of Mettmann and.
The VRS is bordered to the north by the transport association Rhein- Ruhr, in the north and west by the Aachener Transport Association, on the east by the Transport Community Westphalia -South and the Transport Community Ruhr -Lippe, and on the south by the transport association Rhein-Mosel and the Transport Association Region Trier.
- 2.1 Traffic Area
- 2.2 transport numbers
- 2.3 Operating Data
- 2.4 transport companies
- 2.5 Towns and Municipalities ( selection)
- 2.6 Transition Rates
Structure and development tasks
1996 changed the structure in the course of the railway reform. The composite company was expanded to include a task ownership in the cooperation area 2 (Rhein- Sieg). Since 1 January 2004 it is a 100 % - owned subsidiary by the association. The sole owner is so since the purpose association VRS (ZV VRS).
The main task of the purpose of the association is to plan the rail passenger transport ( regional rail ) in the Rhein -Sieg, to organize and to design. See also: List of German tariff and traffic groups
In particular, these include
- Tendering of regional rail services
- Mobility Management
- Coordination of regional and local transport services and
- Planning, design and control of the railway passenger.
The composite company coordinates all company- wide activities in the association area. One of the key design elements is the case of the composite rate. For the task bearer and transport companies in the region, the VRS GmbH accepts a variety of planning, coordination and service tasks.
In particular, these include
- Communication and
- Revenue sharing.
Managing Director of the transport association Rhein-Sieg are currently Wilhelm Schmidt- Friday and Norbert clean Kober.
Data to the VRS
The traffic area covers an area of 5111 km ² with a population of 3.3 million.
During 1990 312 million passengers were transported, the number increased in 2000 to 400 million in 2009 and currently stands at 494 million passengers.
- 522 traffic lines, of which 22 railway lines, including 4 S-Bahn
- 18 city and tram lines
- 478 bus routes
Some lines run adjacent cities and municipalities in the counties old churches (Westerwald ), Neuwied, Volcanic Eifel and the circles Düren, Maerkischer circle and Olpe.
- Paths of the city of Monheim GmbH (BSM )
- Bus Rhineland ( BVR)
- DB Regio NRW
- DB Regio Rheinland
- Düren circular path ( DKB)
- Heller Valley Railway GmbH
- Haulage Gebr Wiedenhoff
- Haulage Wupper -Sieg AG ( KWS )
- Roundabouts society Euskirchen ( PDC )
- Cologne Traffic Authority (KVB )
- Martin Becker GmbH & Co. KG (MB )
- Oberbergische transport company ( OVAG )
- Rhine Erft traffic mbH ( REVG )
- Rhein-Sieg Transport Gesellschaft mbH ( RSVG )
- Regiobus Rheinland GmbH (RBR )
- Regional traffic Cologne ( RVK )
- Regional traffic Euregio Meuse-Rhine ( RVE )
- Karl Schäfer Omnibusreisen
- Stadtwerke Bonn GmbH traffic ( SWBV )
- Stadtwerke Brühl ( STWB )
- City Transport Company GmbH Bergisch Gladbach
- City traffic Euskirchen (SVE )
- City traffic Hürth ( SVH )
- Stadtwerke GmbH Wesseling ( SWW)
- Tirtey Travel (TI )
- Transregio German regional train GmbH (TR )
- Transdev SZ (SZ )
- Traffic operation Hüttebräucker
- Transport Company Bergisch land (VBL )
Cities and Towns (selection)
- Old Churches ( Westerwald) 1
- Bad Honnef
- Bad Hönningen1
- Bad Münstereifel
- Bergisch Gladbach
- Mountain Town
- Angel churches
- Hennef (Sieg)
- Churches ( win) 1
- King Winter
- Linz am Rhein1
- Marie Heath
- Monheim am Rhein
- Cute home
- Milton of Campsie
- Lower Kassel
- Upper Kyll1
- Rhine river
- Sankt Augustin
- Knowledge ( win) 1
1 place situated outside of the composite space. VRS tickets are here at the transition only on certain lines.
The VRS has transition rates to several of the surrounding transport associations and traffic operators, that is, in the border areas through tickets shall be offered.
A special form of the transition rates is the so -called collective collar: In certain areas or on certain routes outside the VRS federation area applies to cross -border travel in the VRS tariff, while tariff is valid for trips within a collar area. In particular, all of the VRS total network tickets are also valid on all rates collar. Rate collars are:
- Since 1 January 2000, the railway line to Gerolstein ( county volcanic Eifel / VRT)
- Since 1 August 2002, the railway lines to Niederschelden, Herdorf, Daaden and Ingelbach (District of Old Churches ( Westerwald) / VRM)
- Since 1 February 2005, the cities of Remscheid, Solingen, Dormagen, Grevenbroich, Rommerskirchen and Langenfeld ( VRR)
- Since 1 April 2006, the city of Düren and the communities Vettweiß and Noervenich ( Düren / AVV )
- Since 28 May 2006, the railway line to Engers (Landkreis Neuwied / VRM, previously was the VRS tariff to Linz)
The reverse case, a tariff in the collar into the VRS area, there are in the communities Bedburg, Sindelsdorf Zuelpich, Euskirchen and Schleiden. There is valid for trips from the district of Düren or the Aachen region and the GCU fare on the local bus routes.
Since June 15, 2008 is also from the VRS network with regular VRS tickets the tariff area of the district of Ahrweiler be driven on ( among other things Ahrtalbahn and the left bank of DB - Rhine route from Bonn- Mehlem about Remagen / Sinzig afield to Brohl ). This only applies for VRS on and erupting transport ( see above). VRS job tickets, tickets semester, student tickets or XXL tickets are not recognized in the district of Ahrweiler ( an exception exists for semester ticket holders residing in the district of Ahrweiler ). VRS job ticket holders from the Ahrweiler district can purchase a chargeable additional authorization for the district area. This was previously only possible for the VRS / Ahr- transition region. Until June 15, 2008, however, nor the VRS / Ahr transitional tariff retained validity.
It is planned to create a " Tarifverbund Rhineland ". It is a VRS tariff collar that covers the entire GCU room. For journeys within the GCU or within the VRS would continue to apply the respective network tariff. For all rides between AVV and VRS then uniformly the VRS tariff applies. Except for VRS student ticket and VRS job ticket.