Carbone began his motorsport career in karting. In 2008 he moved to Formula racing. He was 15th in the Skip Barber National Championship and eighth in the Skip Barber Western Regional Series. In 2009 he moved to Alegra Motorsports in the F2000 Championship Series. He participated in nine of 12 races and finished the season in tenth place in the drivers' standings. 2010 remained at Carbone Alegra Motorsports. He won 6 of 14 races and decided the championship titles
2011 Carbone went for Sam Schmidt Motorsports in the Indy Lights at the start. At the season finale he succeeded in his first Indy Lights victory. While his teammate Josef Newgarden and Esteban Guerrieri took the top two positions, he was sixth in the drivers' standings. 2012 remained Carbone at Sam Schmidt Motorsports in the Indy Lights. With two third places for best results he was again sixth in the overall standings, while his teammate Tristan Vautier and Guerrieri were on the first two positions. 2013 Carbone found no cockpit for an entire season. He entered in the Indy Lights for the team Moore Racing at a race. In addition, he completed a few races in the Canadian Porsche GT3 Cup.
2014 Carbone moved to Europe and occurs for Trident Racing in the GP3 series.
- 2008: Skip Barber National Championship ( 15th place)
- 2008: Skip Barber Western Regional Series ( 8th place)
- 2009: F2000 Championship Series (No. 10)
- 2010: F2000 Championship Series (Master)
- 2011: Indy Lights ( 6th place)
- 2012: Indy Lights ( 6th place)
- 2013: Indy Lights ( 14th)
- 2013: Canadian Porsche GT3 Cup ( # 10 )
- 2014: GP3 Series