Vigone ( Vigon Piedmontese ) is a city and municipality with 5236 inhabitants ( 31 December 2012) in the Italian province of Turin (TO ), Region Piedmont, located about 25 km southwest of Turin.
The place is located in the western part of the Po Valley along the lower reaches of the Pellice, near its confluence with the Po.
The municipality covers an area of 41 km ².
- Old town with many historical buildings
- La Rotonda, built in 1825 as an icehouse, today showroom
- Church of Santa Maria de Hortis with rich painting of the 14th and 15th centuries
- Church of Santa Caterina, built in 1460 in the Gothic style
- Church of the Most Holy Nome di Gesù, Built in 1630
- Church of San Bernardino, built in 1684/1685
- Church of San Defendente, built in the 17th century
- Church of Santa Maria Del Borgo, built in 1833 in the style of classicism
- City Theatre Teatro " Baudi di Selve " from 1855 with historical stage machinery
- City Library Biblioteca Luisia with significant historical stock ( 6,000 volumes)
- Sala dei Ricordi - Museo degli spettacoli viaggianti, Museum of fairground organs
- Donazione Baretta, museum with works of local painter Michele Baretta (1916-1987)
Sons and daughters of the town
- Pietro Cardinal Boetto (1871-1946), Archbishop of Genoa