Villafranca Padovana is a Northeast Italian municipality ( comune ) with 9890 inhabitants ( 31 December 2012) in the Province of Padua in Veneto. The community is located about 11 kilometers northwest of the city center of Padua west of the Brenta.
1190 Villafranca Padovana is first mentioned. At the boundary between the zone of influence of Padua and Venice, the town was a long time develop free from external influences. From 1556-1567 Andrea Palladio erected in the district Cicogna the barchessa di Villa Thiene.
At the former railway line from Padua Piazzola sul Brenta Carmignano was until 1958 a railway station. The track has been built back then, so is the next siding is in Padua.