Fontaine Ville is a commune with 18,082 inhabitants (as of January 1, 2011 ) in the department of Isère, in the Rhône -Alpes. It is the main town ( chef-lieu ) of the Canton of L' Isle- d'Abeau and belongs to the community association Communauté d' agglomÃ Porte de l' Isère.
Ville Fontaine is located about 25 kilometers southeast of Lyon in the Dauphiné to the Autoroute A43. It consists of the districts: Les Roches, Serve Noble, Saint -Bonnet (modern city ), Le Mas de la Raz, Les Fougères ( village outside of the actual city center ), Le Vieux village (old city center) and Les Armières.
Culture and sights
- Château du Vellein
- Pavillon des Quatre- Verts
- Great Mosque of Villefontaine
- Village Terre
- Saint Bonnet, trade center
- Parks you Vellein and de Fallavier
- Bridge from the 15th century
- Church of Saint -Martin de Ville Fontaine from the 18th century
- Kahl am Main, Bavaria, Germany, since 1981
- Gremda, Tunisia, since 1994
- Salzano, Province of Venice, Italy, since 2009