Its strictly formal, classical tragedies were imbued with the republican idea of freedom of the late 18th century, and his abhorrence of all forms of tyranny. This had the works of this reconnaissance great influence on the Italian liberation movement of the 19th century, the Risorgimento. He is regarded as the inventor of Tramelogödie.
- 22 tragedies, including Antonio e Cleopatra (1775 ), Filippo (1783 ) and Sofonisba (1789 ).
- Comedies, sonnets and satires.
- Vita di Vittorio Alfieri. Rizzoli, Milan, 1987, ISBN 88-17-16593- X ( autobiography).
- Opere. Casa d' Alfieri, Asti 1981 et seq (40 vols ).
- From the tyranny. Translated by Henry Schweitzer, Zwickau 1822 ( first German Üb, first printed in 1789 in Kehl ), 2 ribbons.
- Alfieri, Vittorio, Vita. My Life, translated with notes, an afterword and a bibliography provided by Gisela Schlüter, Dieterich'sche Verlagsbuchhandlung, Mainz 2010, ISBN 978-3-87162-072-0.