Vivaro Romano is a municipality in the province of Rome in the Italian region Latium, located about 175 inhabitants ( 31 December 2012). The town is located 69 km northeast of Rome.
Vivaro Romano is above the Turanotals in the Lucretili on the border with Abruzzo region. It is a member of the Comunità Montana Valle Aniene.
The place was a settlement of Aequians that was collected 229 BC a Roman colony. Since here the sacrificial animals were bred, they got the name Vivarum. From the 11th century Vivaro belonged to the abbey of Farfa. In the 15th century it came to the Orsini family and later to the Brancaleone and the Borghese. 1799, the castle was destroyed by French troops.
Gaetano Cerini was elected in May 2006 in the second term as mayor.