Vohrenbach is a small town in the Schwarzwald- Baar-Kreis in Baden- Württemberg.
- 3.1 municipal
- 3.2 Mayor
- 3.3 Coat of Arms
- 3.4 Coat of arms of districts
- 3.5 partnerships
- 4.1 Structures
- 4.2 Sport
- 5.1 traffic
- 5.2 Education
The town lies in the valley of the Vohrenbach Breg in the Black Forest between Furtwangen and the county town of Villingen -Schwenningen. The forest portion of the total is 77 %.
The town is bordered clockwise starting in the north on the town of St. Georgen in the Black Forest, to the east of Villingen- Schwenningen, Unterkirnach and Donaueschingen, on the south by Braeunlingen and Eisenbach, in the extreme southwest of Titisee -Neustadt and to the west by the town of Furtwangen. Up to Eisenbach and Titisee -Neustadt ( Breisgau - Black Forest ) are the neighboring communities to Schwarzwald- Baar-Kreis.
Vohrenbach consists of the town Vohrenbach ( within the limits of 1970) and the three districts Hammereisenbach - Bregenbach, Langenbach and Urach and another 89 villages, hamlets, tine, farms and houses.
→ See also: List of places in the Schwarzwald- Baar-Kreis
The official name of the city parts are separated by the prefixed name of the city and by a comma, the word " district " and the name of the respective district. The neighborhoods are physically identical to the previously independent municipalities of the same name. The core city and the three districts form residential areas within the meaning of Baden-Württemberg municipal code and in the three districts each municipal legal settlements with private Ortschaftsrat and mayor are set up as its chairman.
In Hammereisenbach - Bregenbach district is the Outbound castle Neufürstenberg.
Vohrenbach received in 1244 by the Counts of Urach as competition to Villingen city rights. However, the city could never even come close to the importance of Villingen. 1806, the city came to the newly formed Grand Duchy of Baden.
As part of the Baden-Württemberg district reform in 1971 Langenbach and Urach were incorporated on 1 July 1971 Hammereisenbach - Bregenbach and on 1 December. see also Krumpenschloss.
The loggerhead part of site selection and thus the structure of the urban area into four residential districts was repealed for municipal elections in 2009.
In addition to the mayor 14 MPs are represented in the council. The local elections of 7 June 2009 resulted in a turnout of 52.4 % ( - 3.2 ) the following result:
According to the legend of the " Seven Virgins " is it in Vohrenbach not be possible to confirm a mayor in his office. Messrs. Sorg, Neininger and Wolf were voted out after the first term. Only Karl- Heinz Schneider succeeded in 1981 to be re-elected. As Karl- Heinz Schneider applied in 1997 for a fourth term of office, won his challenger Robert Strumberger. And Robert Strumberger has been re-elected twice.
Coat of arms
The blazon of the arms is: " Azure, a wave oblique beams, in an upward floating red trout. "
Coat of arms of districts
Vohrenbach maintains since 1973 partnerships with the French community Morteau in Franche -Comté.
Culture and sights
The village lies on the German Clock Road.
- A special building culture monument is the Linachtalsperre. This years disused hydroelectric power station was from March 16, 2007 dammed and re- new. 1.2 million kilowatt-hours to provide the renewable energy power plant. At the same time to be a tourist attraction Linachstausee the future.
- The Catholic parish church of St. Martin, a new building in 1953 /54, in which the tower was included from 1871 /73 contains sculptures by two members of the clan SIEDLE sculptor Winterhalder, namely Adam Winterhalder and Johann Michael Winterhalder.
- The Catholic parish church of All Saints in the village of Urach dates from the 11th to the 18th centuries and includes works of art by Matthias Faller.
- The watchmaker Häusle from 1726 was recently renovated.
- Bruderkirchle or Michael's Chapel: The chapel on the platforms of the old road from Vohrenbach about Herzogenweiler to Villingen was mentioned in 1580 for the first time in a document.
Been held annually since 1997 Schwarzwald Bike Marathon also passes through Vohrenbach.
Economy and infrastructure
The city's economy is dominated by medium-sized industry, trade and commerce, and tourism. In the villages, agriculture plays a greater role. Economically Vohrenbach is strongly associated with the neighboring town of Furtwangen.
The compounds of Furtwangen and Villingen are ensured via the L 173. The L 172 provides a connection to Titisee -Neustadt and via L 180 to Donaueschingen. The east of Villingen -Schwenningen running A81 is the location closest highway.
Until 1972 Vohrenbach was also by the Bregtalbahn - opened ( Donaueschingen Furtwangen ). The western section from Braeunlingen to Furtwangen, however, was converted into a bike path after closure.
In Vohrenbach there was the Josef Hebting School a primary and secondary school. With the reorganization of the school system is closed over the county boundary with the major schools in Unterkirnach and Eisenbach. The Josef Hebting school is thus now a basic with Werkrealschule with offices in Unterkirnach and Eisenbach. All secondary schools are located in Furtwangen. For the youngest inhabitants, there are two Roman Catholic kindergartens in the city.
Sons and daughters of the town
- Josef Winterhalder the Elder (1702-1769), sculptor active in Moravia
- Johann Michael Winterhalder (1706-1759), active in Moravia and in the Black Forest sculptor
- Josef Winterhalder the Younger (1743-1807), active in Moravia painter
- Joseph Kleiser of Kleis Home (1760-1830), born in Urach, President of the Government of the Principality of Fürstenberg
- Michael Welte (1807-1880), Flute watchmaker, inventor and founder of M. Welte & Söhne
- Joseph Hebting (1822-1888), wine merchant, landowner and member of the Reichstag ( National Liberal Party )
- Emil Welte (1841-1923), clockmaker, flute watchmaker, inventor and businessman
- Berthold Welte (1843-1918), industrialist and businessman, Commerce
- Adolf Heer (1849-1898), sculptor, since 1881 Professor at the former School of Applied Arts in Karlsruhe
- Konstantin Merz (1856-1915), member of the Reichstag and doctor
- Cipri Adolf Berman (1862-1942), sculptor
- Franz Josef Furtwängler (1894-1965), German politician ( SPD), Member of Parliament (Hessen)
- Father Heinrich Bliestle MSF (1897-1987) Superior General of the Missionaries of the Holy Family, a Council Father at the Second Vatican Council