Voiceless alveolo-palatal sibilant
The voiceless fricative alveolopalatale ( a voiceless fricative alveolopalataler ) has in different languages following phonetic and orthographic realizations:
- Mandarin Chinese ( Pinyin): x. Example (s) :西xi
- Example (s) :说shyut3 (as opposed to雪syut3 )
- Note: Since the 50s, most dictionaries have abandoned the distinction of each c [ ts ʰ ] and ch [ tɕ ʰ ], s [s ] and sh [ ɕ ], z [ ts ] and zh [ tɕ ], but there are still speakers differ here clear.
- 死者/ sisja / = [ ɕiɕa ] "Dead "
- Example: SNIC ( dream )
- Example: kjol [ ɕu: l] ( rock )
- In several German dialects the bright ch is often so pronounced, for example in Thuringia. In some dialects, this even applies to the / sh /. In this case, therefore, both be the same. Example: History [ ɡəɕɪɕtə ] instead of [ ɡəʃɪçtə ]