Volmerange- les -Mines ( German wool meringues, Lorraine Wuelmeréngen ) is a municipality with 2001 inhabitants (as of 1 January 2011), located in the department of Moselle, about 11 km northwest of Thionville.
The town was first mentioned as 980 Valembregam Villam, then meringues Wall ( 1305), Wolmering ( 1506). And since 1769 is part of France. 1869 to 1920 he was called Volmer -lès - Oeutrange, it got its present name since 1 October 1920.
Volmerange- les -Mines is surrounded by vast forests. In the first half of the 20th century also iron ore was mined, giving the town earned its current name.
- Church of Saint- Denis from 1837