Vrbice (LitomÄ›Å™ice District)
Vrbice ( German Wrbitz, also Werbitz ) is a municipality in the Czech Republic. It is located seven kilometers north of Roudnice and belongs to Okres Litoměřice.
The village is located on the left side of the river Obrtka ( Obertka ). In the south, the 278 m high cone of Sovice ( Sowitz ) rises.
Neighboring towns are Vrutice and Svařenice in the north, Mastířovice, Kochovice and Hoštka in the east, Vetla in the south, Chodouny the southwest, Lounky in the west and Okna, Záhorecký Mlýn and Polepy in the northwest.
Vrbice was first documented in 1319 and belonged to in 1331 for possession of the diocese Leitmeritz. Then the village was part of the rule Roudnice nad Labem and in the 14th century was a stronghold. 1515, the city acquired Leitmeritz the village, in 1620 they sold it to the District Captain Georg Wilhelm Sezyma of Úštěk. Whose goods were confiscated after the Battle of White Mountain, and passed Vrbice the Jesuit College of St. Kliment in Prague, then assigned him his reign Liběšice. After the Thirty Years' War, in which the town was completely destroyed, the Jesuits brought German settlers to rebuild the desolate village. 1773, the order was canceled. 1830 had Wrbitz 287 inhabitants. 1838 auctioned František Lobkowicz the place. By 1900 the population had grown to 457 people who lived primarily from hops and other agriculture. Vicarage was Wettel, which was also school location until the construction of the school in 1875. In 1919, a second in place - Czech - school.
After the Second World War, the wetlands were meliorisiert at the Obrtka and freed for large-area economy from its natural vegetation. When Záhorecký Mlýn a pig facility was built.
The municipality consists of the villages Vrbice Mastířovice ( Mastirowitz ) Vetla ( Wettel ) and Vrbice ( Wrbitz ) diezugleich also form Katastralbezirke.
- Expanded Chapel of St. Florian on the village square, built in 1802 and in 1842 a tower
- St. James' Church in Vetla
- Záhorecký Mlýn