Vufflens -la -Ville
Vufflens -la -Ville is a municipality in the district of Gros- de -Vaud in the canton of Vaud in Switzerland. The former German name Wolflingen is no longer used today.
Vufflens -la- Ville is located at 478 m above sea level. Level, 10 km north- west of the canton capital Lausanne ( straight line ). The scattered village stretches along the edge of the high plateau of southern Gros de Vaud, above the valley of the Venoge, in the Vaud Mittelland.
The area of 5.3 km ² large municipality area includes a portion of the gently undulating plateau of Gros de Vaud, the granary of the canton of Vaud. The eastern part of the municipality of soil occupied by this plateau on the slope below 498 m above sea Sullens. M. reached the highest point of Vufflens -la -Ville. In the south, the area extends over the height of Vimont ( 488 m above sea level. M. ) to the valley section of the creek Vaube. In the West Vufflens -la -Ville includes a spacious Talniederung on the lower reaches of the Venoge, the limit usually does not run along the river at the western edge of the valley but. From the municipality surface 1997 13 % came from settlements, 22 % of forest and shrubs, 64% to agriculture and slightly more than 1% was unproductive land.
To Vufflens -la -Ville includes the hamlet Marteley ( 478 m above sea level. M. ) northeast of the village, La Pale (406 m above sea level. M. ) on the Venoge, extensive new housing estates on the eastern flank of the Venoge below the village as well as a commercial area in the Venogetal. The neighboring communities of Vufflens- la-Ville, in the north Penthaz, northeast Sullens, to the east Mex, in the southeast of Villars -Sainte -Croix, in the southern Bussigny- pres-Lausanne, in the southwest and northwest Aclens Gollion.
With 1183 inhabitants ( 31 December 2012) Vufflens -la -Ville is one of the medium-sized municipalities in the canton of Vaud. Of the 90.1 % inhabitants are French-speaking, German-speaking 5.2 % and 1.7 % Italian-speaking (as of 2000). The population of Vufflens -la -Ville in 1900 amounted to 324 residents. Since 1960 (342 inhabitants), a rapid population increase was observed with a tripling of the population within 40 years.
Vufflens -la -Ville was until the second half of the 20th century, mainly coined by farming village. Until the 1950s there was a small wine region. Today, the farming and fruit growing have only a minor role in the economic structure of the population.
Since the 1960s, a commercial and industrial zone was created in the valley of the Venoge. Here, firms in the electronic industry and construction up operations and establishes an operation of the heat pump. In recent decades, the village has developed thanks to its attractive location into a residential community. Many workers are therefore commuters who work mainly in the Lausanne area.
Although the community is located off the major thoroughfares, but traffic still technically well developed. The motorway Cossonay and Lausanne- Crissier off the A1 ( Lausanne -Yverdon ) are both only 5 km from the center. On May 7, 1855 Yverdon- section Bussigny -pres-Lausanne railway line Yverdon -Lausanne was taken with the Vufflens -la -Ville Train Station in Venogetal in operation.
From Roman times, when the route from Lausanne to Orbe led by the municipality, remains have been discovered barely. The first written mention of the village was carried out in 1002 under the name Vuolflinges. Later, the names Villare Wolferii ( 1094 ) published, Volflens ( 1109 ), Vulflens ( 1154 ), Wofflens li vila ( 1228 ), Wolf Lens la vila ( 1233 ) and Voufflens la ville (1454 ). The name goes back to the Burgundian personal names Wulfilo and means for the people of Wulfilo.
Since the 11th century the abbey had Romainmôtier rich land in Vufflens -la -Ville. In the 14th century, the village came to the domination Cossonay. With the conquest of Vaud by Bern in 1536 Vufflens -la -Ville came under the administration of the Bailiwick of Lausanne. After the collapse of the ancien régime, the village belonged from 1798 to 1803 during the Helvetic Republic to the canton of Geneva, who came up then with the enactment of the Act of Mediation in the canton of Vaud. 1798 was assigned to the District Cossonay.
The Reformed Church of Saint- Etienne is in its core back to a Romanesque building from the 11th century. In the 15th century the church was remodeled and in 1777 was its orientation by 180 ° changed. Today is the portal and the ship, the new choir is in the west on the site of the former choir (in the east ); Furthermore, a bell tower was added. In the old town a few farm houses from the 18th and 19th centuries have been preserved.