Wacker village is a municipality in the Upper Palatinate district Schwandorf and office of the Management Community Wacker village.
- 2.1 Amalgamations
- 3.1 Coat of Arms
- 5.1 Education
Wacker village is situated in the Upper Palatinate region North - Eastern Bavaria.
The municipality Wacker village has nine officially named districts:
- Silly village
- Wallet mountain
- Rauber Weiherhaus
- Wacker village
There are the districts Silly village, Rauber Weiherhaus and Wacker village.
Through discoveries in ground motions for construction remains of a prehistoric settlement were discovered. The first written mention dates back to the year 1150. The chronicler assumes that the foundation is already before the turn of the millennium.
The Wackersdorfer church was first mentioned in 1217, it should have been according to the traditions of the mother parish of Schwandorf. Around 1400 began the construction of the parish church of St. Stephen, but this was demolished in 1953 as part of the resettlement. With the Reformation period 1548-1617 were religious innovations also for the place. The Catholic faith was re-introduced in 1618; 1669 Wacker village is independent parish.
The first approaches to industrial exploitation of Wackersdorfer Erdschätze go back to the year 1800. A total of 1801 different traders are listed.
At that time the master tailor Andreas Schuster discovered lignite, which was commenced in reduction by 1840. But in 1845 it was again quiet around the Wackersdorfer lignite. It was not until 1889, mining was again fully incorporated; 1906, to the Bavarian lignite Industrie AG, the Wacker village of the municipality gave the stamp until closing in 1982. With coal mining came the rise of the small farming village.
The "relocation of the village Wacker village " was first planned in the years 1923/24, but could not be realized at the time. It was only on 13 October 1948, the relocation of Old Wacker village has been finally decided. In 1950, the replacement of the farmers began as part of the resettlement. At the same time began a building boom in the resettlement area " New Wacker village". On July 6, 1952, the consecration of the new parish church of St. Stephen and the inauguration of new Wacker village with the participation of high spiritual and secular dignitaries took place. Approximately 1,200 inhabitants at that time could be found in this construction area a new home.
In the 70 years Wacker village was due to the extraction of coal, one of the richest municipalities in Bavaria.
Over time, in the 80s across the community was central to the debate about the controversial reprocessing plant Wacker village, whose "Off", it was decided in 1989. After the abandonment of this project was built on the space provided for a new and modern industrial park with settlement of internationally known companies, such as BMW, Gerresheimer Wilden and Sennebogen.
A part of the infrastructure of the village Wacker village is the primary and secondary school.
One of the oldest buildings in the village Wacker is the former elementary school. In recent years, a new school was built. Both new modern building and new, practice-oriented and the children teaching methods provide excellent educational opportunities in a pleasant, relaxed learning environment.
On January 1, 1978 parts of the territory of the dissolved municipality sun Ried were incorporated.
Since 7 June 2011, the first mayor of the municipality Wackersdorf Thomas Falter 's (CSU ).
The municipal council of the municipality Wacker village has 20 members from four fractions.
The municipal tax revenue amounted to the equivalent of € 4,253,000 in 1999, which amounted to the trade tax revenues ( net) converted € 2.521 million.
In Wacker village has until now four full-time mayor:
Coat of arms
In blue on golden ground a golden deciduous tree whose trunk is covered by diagonally crossed silver mallet and silver iron.
Reason: The crossed iron and mallet point to the montane economic development of the town, where since 1906, the lignite mining was operated in the open pit, while the heraldic deciduous tree suggesting the analysis in the course of extensive land reclamation revegetation of the landscape.
→ List of monuments in Wackersdorf
Economy and infrastructure
After closure of the lignite industry and after taking an atomic reprocessing plant of industrial location Wacker village was settled by targeted settlement policy, supported by the Bavarian State Government and the energy industry from reputable companies and businesses. Larger companies such as BMW, Sennebogen or Gerresheimer Wilden are among many suppliers for the automotive industry and other medium-sized businesses sources of employment for approximately 4,000 employees.
Thus Wacker village is a major business location for the entire region. The continuous adaptation of the infrastructure for these companies is an ongoing challenge for the community. To give the people who work here a home directly on the work site, construction sites were reported. By verkehrlich best connection in the crossover region between Regensburg, Weiden, Amberg and Cham living in Wacker village is particularly attractive.
There are the following facilities (as of 2012):
- Kindergartens: 100 kindergarten places with creche
- Elementary School: 165 students - care on request until 16:00
- Middle School: 120 students - with a full-day supply, 32 teachers, Website:
- State business school of the district Schwandorf in Wackersdorf
Village with parish church of St. Stephen (2013 )
Industrial Area North (2013 )
Commercial Area Western Taxöldener Forest (2013 )
Silly Village (2013 )