Waltenhausen is a municipality in the Swabian district of Günzburg and a member of the administrative community Krumbach.
- 2.1 Amalgamations
- 2.2 Population development
- 5.1 Economy, agriculture and forestry
- 5.2 traffic
In the community based on the following three places and districts: Waltenhausen, Hair book and hamlets;
Waltenhausen lies at the mouth of the Weil Erbach in the Krumbächle also called Krumbach. Hamlet located south of Waltenhausen on the Riedel between the valleys of these two streams. Hair book lies west of Waltenhausen in the Valley of Gutnach.
Waltenhausen lies in the Danube-Iller region in the administrative region of Swabia.
Neighboring municipalities are in the east the municipality Aletshausen, the South East located in the district of Lower Allgäu town of Breitenbrunn, the south and west that also the neighboring county owned community Kirchhaslach, in the northwest of the community Ebershausen and in the north the town of Krumbach (Schwaben ). In the north the municipality borders on the unincorporated area Ebershauser - Nattenhauser forest.
In 1120 Waltenhausen was first mentioned. The family of Wernau had from 1423 to 1541 held the rule in Waltenhausen. The Fugger acquired by them in 1541, the rule from there Waltenhausen belonged to the Fugger Family Foundation. Seven years later built on the site of the castle Werdnau'schen the benefice hospital Waltenhausen the year 1824 to the former tithe barn ( Linde Road 8; → see also: List of monuments in Waltenhausen ) was canceled. This has been used for a long time as Fugger'sches forester's house. With the Act of Confederation, in 1806 the city became part of Bavaria.
On 1 May 1978, the formerly independent municipalities were integrated Hair book and hamlets.
The council has eight members. In the local elections 2008 accounted for Free Wählergemeinschaft Waltenhausen five on the CDU Community hamlet two and on the Free Wählergemeinschaft Hair book a seat mayor since 2008 Charles White ( no nomination ).
Culture and sights
The neo-Romanesque parish church of St. George was built in 1864 as the original church built in the Late Gothic style was in danger of collapsing. Only the tower dates from the earlier building from the 15th century. The equipment of the church dates mostly from the time of the new building of artisans from the region. During the renovation in 1988, the original version of the interior was reconstructed, which has since been painted over white.
Economy and infrastructure
Economy, agriculture and forestry
It was in 1998 according to official statistics in the manufacturing sector and not in the trade and transport any social insurance contributions at the workplace. Social insurance contributions at residence, there were a total of 222 in the manufacturing sector, there were four, two companies in the construction industry. In addition, in 1999, there were 44 farms with an agricultural area of 773 ha, of which 310 ha of arable land and 462 ha of permanent grassland. The municipal tax revenue amounted to the equivalent of € 263 thousand in 1999, which amounted to the trade tax revenues ( net) equivalent to € 70k.
Through the municipal area leads the county road GZ 13 This connects Waltenhausen and Hair book with Haupeltshofen (connection to the B16 ) or with Ebershausen (connection to the B300 ). Otherwise, the locations of the community via local roads with Krumbach, Kirchhaslach and Loppenhausen are connected.
Since July 2009 the municipal districts of the city bus from Krumbach ( Krumbach Flexibus ) are connected, which is performed by minibuses on the principle of demand -driven surface operation.
Waltenhausen is the highest altitude above mean sea level municipality in the district of Günzburg. With 700 residents, the community is the third smallest in the county. In addition, it is the second - least densely populated municipality. ( → See also: List of municipalities in the district of Günzburg )