1864 (passenger terminal )
- Pan - Eickelmann -Hamburg
- Duisburg -Dortmund
- Ruhrort -Dortmund
- Bochum- Gelsenkirchen
Pan- Eickelmann Hauptbahnhof is the most important railway station in Herne and is located in Herne-Wanne, formerly City Pan- Eickelmann, today suburb of Herne.
Herne is the only city in the Ruhr area, in which the DB travel centers operates two ( Herne and Wanne- Eickel Hbf).
- 4.1 Highway
- 4.2 Regional Transport
The station was created from the freight station Pluto Thies, of 1856 for the siding of Pluto mine opened in 1847 at the Cologne -Minden Railway Company was built on the farmer Storp field. 1864 was added a breakpoint for passenger traffic. 1867 a new station facility was opened for freight that because the surrounding towns could not agree on a name that was provided by the railway administration after a corridor designation of the environment named pan. This name was adopted in 1875 when the merger places Eickelmann, Bickern, Crange, Holsterhausen and Röhlinghausen to the Official tub and has been preserved to the place name Pan- Eickelmann into it.
With the opening of the railway line to Münster (Westfalen ) on 1 January 1870, the station became the tub railway junction. Hermann Riihmann operating here along with his wife until 1913 a station restaurant, supported by his two sons Hermann and was two years younger Heinz, then he took over in Essen the new hotel Handelshof. 1913 station building and engine shed were rebuilt and extended.
After formation of the independent city - tub Eickelmann in 1926, the name of the station was changed in Wanne- Eickel Hbf. He became the largest marshalling yard of the central Ruhr area and united as the only station in the Ruhr area, all four modes of operation: In addition to its function as a marshalling yard, he was also the home station for more than 300 locomotives and trains station for freight and passenger traffic.
Three- men -Eck
With the train station reconstruction of 1907-1913, and expansion of the former Herne Street in 1927, a retaining wall along the railway embankment was required. This was decorated with three pillars on which were life-size sculptures. On the columns were ever a miner, a boatmen and a railwayman, they symbolized the pan - Eickeler economy. The sculptures were created by the pan - Eickeler sculptor and commercial teacher Wilhelm Braun. In the vernacular, the place was called three-man corner. 1970 damaged by exhaust gases, air pollution and war damage sculptures were dismantled. You are now restored and stand at the entrance of the home and the Natural History Museum, on the station forecourt there is a replica. At the former location of the sculptures is now a sheave of the former mine Consolidation.
Today he has an important significance on traffic as the intersection of the east- west route Dortmund- Duisburg, with the north -south link Münster- eating, which leads inter alia, about the beginning in Wanne- Eickel runway as Central Station. In addition, the station is located on the Emscher Valley Railway (Dortmund Tub Eickelmann - Dorsten ) and at the Gluckauf train. In the rail yard double -sided scale is only the maneuvering of the west-east direction with hump and rail brakes in operation while maneuvering in the opposite direction, expanded rail brakes and switches are controlled via an EOW system. The small marshalling yard for Eilgutzüge and Stückgutumladehalle were completely shut down.
Following the merger of pan - Eickelmann and Herne in 1975 the name of the main railway station of pan - Eickelmann which remained the largest train station in the city of Herne, remained unchanged. 2003 planned the German train its renaming in Herne-Wanne or Herne Central Station. However, these plans met with great resistance Wanner side, so that the local politicians in Herne dealing with it. Situated at the track 3/4 station mission was closed in the late 1980s.
The station pan -Eickel Hbf divided today operationally in the part of the passenger and the freight station.
The main tangent of the passenger station is located on the double-track Duisburg -Dortmund ( Dortmund and Essen ). On this route S- trains, regional trains and regional express trains are used. The runway Tub Eickelmann -Hamburg is of Duisburg (RE 2) or food ( RB 42) with regional trains, regional express trains and intercity trains operated, with IC trains usually operate over Oberhausen. Features of the Emscher Valley Railway run every hour between Dortmund and Dorsten, the Gluckauf Services run every half hour between Gelsenkirchen and Bochum. For the trains of passenger traffic are eight tracks on four platforms available, the first platform ( platform 1 /2) is used only for a period ending late in the evening in Wanne- Eickel Hbf train RB 43 from Dortmund. Except for the aforementioned platform all others are barrier-free accessible by lifts.
The important for the location of the train yard is partly by links connected to the routes pan - Eickelmann -Hamburg, Bochum - Gelsenkirchen, Ruhrort -Dortmund and Duisburg- Dortmund. Freight trains, which are not treated in the marshalling yard, freight station to the north and south through without the marshalling yard to meet.
The double- sided freight station features in west-east direction over 7 Einfahrgleise, in east-west direction over 11 Einfahrgleise. From two mountain tracks over 35 classification tracks of up to 800 m working length be served. In 20 tracks of the West-East direction is built by two Talgleisbremsen on hump a semi-automatic speed control, the corresponding points are manually controlled. On hump in east-west direction no more track brakes are present, the switch control is carried there by a EOW system. In both maneuvering compressed air is kept ready for the composition. Trains that enter in the yard against the working direction of the humps are supplied by each southern or northern bypasses the two shunting without interrupting the flow of operations. Despite the Einbuchs in Schienengütervehr during the economic crisis of the marshalling yard pan - Eickelmann central location is now utilized at approximately 95%.
In the southern part of the freight station, there is a connection to Eiffage Rail on the site of the former Heitkamp BauHolding, which has its own railway tracks there. Likewise, the systems of RBH Logistics and the pan - Herner Eisenbahn are connected to the freight station. Here Wanner About the Eastern Harbour, the freight center in the western harbor Wanner, Kraftwerk Shamrock, Evonik Industries ( Herne ) and a carbon mixing the DSK be approached. The Stückgutumladehalle on Ostberg is shut down, as well as the parking area of the ETA trains north from track 1 of the passenger station. In the center of the freight depot located there is a tank system, here both the shunting locomotives of the railway station, locomotives of the input and output trains and passenger trains Abellio Rail and North Western Railway to be refueled. Because of the central location of the station are on the system of the passenger station vehicles of emergency equipment, such as rail cranes stationed. These are used in case of railway operations accident regionally and nationally and are retrieved by the emergency control centers.
In the pan -Eickel Hbf Bahnhof VzG following routes are linked:
Disused tracks are datgestellt italics.
Pan - Eickelmann Hauptbahnhof station is the long-distance transport of Deutsche Bahn and is served by trains of the following long-distance line:
In pan - Eickelmann Hauptbahnhof currently hold (2009) two regional express lines, three regional rail lines and a line of the S- Bahn Rhein -Ruhr.