The district of Warendorf is located in Münster in Münster Region in the north of the federal state of North Rhine -Westphalia.
- 2.1 prehistory
- 2.2 Former district Warendorf ( 1816-1974 )
- 2.3 Warendorf district (since 1975)
- 3.1 District
- 3.2 Oberkreisdirektor Directors
- 3.3 Kreistag
- 3.4 Coat of Arms
- 3.5 partnerships
- 4.1 traffic
- 4.2 Healthcare 4.2.1 hospitals
The area of the circle is largely flat Münsterland parkland, the highest elevation are the Beckumer mountains with the 173 -meter high mountain in Oelde Mack.
The Warendorf district is divided into 13 municipalities belonging to a county, four of which are medium cities belonging to a county.
( Population figures from December 31, 2012)
Neighboring counties and cities
The Warendorf district is bordered to the north by the district of Steinfurt and the Lower Saxony district of Osnabrück, on the east by the district of Gütersloh, to the south by the district of Soest and on the district- free city Hamm and on the west by Coesfeld as well as on the district- free city Münster (Westfalen ).
The secularization after the Imperial Diet of 1803 led to the dissolution of the Prince-Bishopric of Münster. The eastern part of the country, including the city of Münster Münster fell to the Kingdom of Prussia and made this the Erbfürstentum Münster. The two towns of Warendorf and Münster were asked independently and under the supervision of the control boards. Furthermore, the circles Warendorf, Beckum, Luedinghausen and Münster were established on December 23, 1803 were to be managed by district administrators. Your area by these circles were the successors of the offices Sass Mountain, Stromberg, Wolbeck and Werne, which existed since the Middle Ages and the Archbishopric affiliated. With this new division, the circles were about the same size and the administrative headquarters was centrally placed in the circles. First District in Warendorf was Maximilian Freiherr von Ketteler (* 1779, † 1832), who was Drost in sassenberg before.
1806, the Munster country was occupied by Napoleon and rearranged. The circle Luedinghausen was lifted and the district of Warendorf has been extended with the parishes Telgte and Amelsbüren, with Greven and Westbevern far to the west. 1808 the Münster and was assigned to the Grand Duchy of Berg, which created a completely new administrative structure on the French model. The later the district now part of the arrondissement (district) of Münster in the department of Ems. The district Munster was divided into cantons, with the Canton Warendorf in the mairies Warendorf ( town of Warendorf ), Altwarendorf ( parish Warendorf ), Freckenhorst and Hoetmar and Canton sassenberg subdivided into mairies Beelen, Füchtorf, Harsewinkel and Sass mountain. From 1811 to 1813 the two cantons Warendorf and Sass mountain belonged to the Department of the Ruhr Grand Duchy of Berg.
Former district Warendorf (1816-1974)
After the end of the French period the Munsterland again fell to Prussia, the January 1, 1816, the Province of Westphalia created. Within the province of the administrative district of Münster was formed, which was divided into ten districts. For new district of Warendorf were after its founding on August 10, 1816, the first nine mayors Beelen, Evers angle Freckenhorst, Harsewinkel, Hoetmar, Lengerich, Greven, sassenberg and Warendorf. With the introduction of rural community - Regulations for the Province of Westphalia, the mayors were converted into offices in 1843 and 1844. The county town of Warendorf, which remained free office, at that time had about 5,000 inhabitants and was one of the twenty largest cities in Westphalia. 1857 Official Lienen from the district of Warendorf was reclassified into the circle Tecklenburg. In Warendorf district existed since seven offices and a total of 22 municipalities:
The offices Hoetmar and Evers angles were, as they both consisted of only one community, repealed in the 1930s. In 1937 the church parish Harsewinkel was incorporated into the city Harsewinkel. On 1 October 1945, the municipality virgin village was incorporated into the town of Warendorf and on 1 January 1969, the municipality of the parish Freckenhorst in the city Freckenhorst. The law on the restructuring of municipalities of the district Warendorf resulted 1 July 1969, additional changes:
- Dackmar, Füchtorf and Gröblingen were incorporated into the city sassenberg.
- Velsen and Vohren were incorporated into the town of Warendorf.
- The Office Sass mountain was lifted.
- Hoetmar was incorporated into the city Freckenhorst.
- The Office Freckenhorst was lifted.
As part of the Bielefeld Act 1973 Harsewinkel, Greffen and Marienfeld merged to form the new city Harsewinkel on January 1, which was reclassified simultaneously in the East-Westphalian district of Gütersloh.
Warendorf district (since 1975)
The present district of Warendorf established on 1 January 1975 as part of the Münster / Hamm- law by merging the former districts Beckum and Warendorf. These were joined by the city Drensteinfurt that the circle Luedinghausen belonged until then, and Albersloh, Rinkerode and Telgte out of the former county of Münster. Of the municipalities of the former district of Warendorf Westbevern were incorporated to Telgte and Ostenfelde and Western churches Ennigerloh. A Freckenhorst and Milte were incorporated into the town of Warendorf. The offices Beelen and Greven were lifted.
- Maximilian Freiherr von Ketteler
- -1899: Carl Freiherr von Wrede Melschede
- 1899-1922: Max Gerbaulet
- 1945-1946: Hermann Terdenge
- 1946-1946: August Freiherr von Korff
- 1946-1948: Bernhard Meier -Over Esch
- 1948-1952: Carl Esser, center
- 1952-1953: John Weber, CDU
- 1953-1975: Joseph maximum, CDU
- 1975-1993: Joseph Predeick, CDU
- 1993-1999: Franz- Josef Harbaum, CDU
- 1999-2006: Wolfgang Kirsch, CDU
- Since 2006: Olaf Gericke, CDU
Senior district directors
The municipal election held on 30 August 2009 yielded the following result:
Coat of arms
In red, an oblique golden wave beams, each accompanied by a golden rose.
The circular crest is a combination of the arms of the former counties Beckum and Warendorf. The colors red and gold indicate the colors of the Prince-Bishopric of Münster, to the area of both circles belonged until 1803. The wave beam from the Beckumer circle coat of arms has the abundance of water Beckumer hill country and on its main waterway, the Werse, back. The sun gears ( rosettes ) of the old Warendorf county coat of arms are taken from the family crest of the Vogt family of Warendorpe.
Awarded on May 20, 1976.
The district of Warendorf has a partnership with the district Müritz in Mecklenburg- Vorpommern.
Infrastructure / traffic
The circle is opened in the southern district area of the Federal Highway 2 runs with the Beckum and Oelde. On the western edge of the circle, the Federal Highway 1 passes. Here, however, there is no own departure in the field of Warendorf ( Ahlen and Drensteinfurt ) but only in the neighboring district Coesfeld. Furthermore, the circuit by numerous federal and state roads (B 51, B 58, B 61, B 64, B 475, B 476) is developed.
Two railway lines with remote or RE- traffic and a branch line tap the circle area in the passenger:
- Bielefeld - Hamm with the stations Ahlen ( Westphalia ), Neubeckum and Oelde,
- Hamm - Münster - Osnabrück and with stations in Mersch, Drensteinfurt, Rinkerode Westbevern and Greven
- Bielefeld - Münster with stations in Beelen, Warendorf, Raestrup - Evers angle ( needs maintenance ) and Telgte.
The routes Neubeckum - Beckum, Neubeckum - Ennigerloh and Münster- Neubeckum and Beckum -Lippstadt - Warstein only be operated in freight traffic through the Westphalian Railway.
Bus services in the district are mainly through the Regional Transport Munsterland ( RVM ) available that offer hourly intervals on major lines. In the outlying areas, this can partly also be done by bus companies in neighboring counties. Some bus routes were converted to a call operation with minibuses ( " taxi bus ").
- St. Francis Hospital, Ahlen - House of primary care
- Children's Hospital St. Francis, Ahlen - House of primary care, perinatal focus
- St. Elisabeth Hospital, Beckum - House of primary care
- St. Mary's Hospital, Oelde - House of primary care
- St. Josef Stift, sending Horst - Clinic for Orthopaedics, Traumatology and Rheumatology
- St. Roch Hospital, Telgte - Clinic for Psychiatry and Psychotherapy
- Joseph's Hospital, Warendorf - House of primary care
- Clinic Walstedde, Drensteinfurt - Clinic for Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Psychotherapy and Psychosomatics