The district Weilheim -Schongau is located in the southwest of the Bavarian administrative region of Upper Bavaria. Neighboring counties are in the northern part of the district of Landsberg am Lech and the district of Starnberg, in the eastern district of Bad Tölz- Wolfratshausen, in the south of the district of Garmisch -Partenkirchen and the west of the Swabian Ostallgäu.
- 4.1 traffic
- 5.1 District Administrators
- 5.2 Kreistag
- 5.3 Coat of Arms and Flag
To the west of Lech, in the core area, the bunting ( and Ammersee ) and on the eastern border of the county, the Loisach is the most important body of water. In the northeast of Lake Starnberg borders. The High Peißenberg with 988 m divides the space from the space Schongau Weilheim. The highest point in the county is the Niederbleick in wild walkway 1,589 m, the lowest point in fish mouth Ammer am Ammersee at 533 m.
The Lech marked even today about the boundary between the Bavarian and the Swabian language area.
For a long time the current district area was covered with a dense jungle and uninhabited by humans. The earliest finds of human activities come from the later Stone Age. From the Pollinger culture ( 3900-3500 BC) finds from Henkel cups or pots with carpet-like ornaments. Further evidence of settlements date from the Bronze Age. Before the Romans, the BC came to the region from 15, the Celts were in the district. The Roman province, which included the area was called Raetia. To 476 the Romans retreated to the south. Then came the eastern district area, the Bavarians and to the west the Alamanni and to this day there is a linguistic divide between the Bavarian dialect and the Lech Rainer dialect. Over time had francs, Guelph, the Hohenstaufen, Huosi, Andechs- Meranier, Agilolfinger and the Wittelsbach rule in the area.
Emergence of counties
In today's district area 1803, the District Courts and Schongau Weilheim were built. They belonged to the Isar circle, which was renamed in 1838 in Upper Bavaria. 1862, the district offices of the same name was formed from the district courts and Schongau Weilheim. These were in 1939 in District Offices, renamed the associated districts in counties.
As part of local government reform in Bavaria in 1972 and the municipality Ingenried of the county market Oberndorf was from the district of Weilheim in Oberbayern, the majority of the district Schongau (Upper Bavaria both Reg -Bz. ) ( Reg.-Bz. Schwaben) formed a new county, the first the term " district of Weilheim in Oberbayern " received. Some communities in the north of the county Schongau came to the district of Landsberg am Lech, the community Bayersoien as well as several communities in the south of the district Weilheim were assigned to the districts of Garmisch- Partenkirchen and Bad Tölz- Wolfratshausen. In 1973, the new district of the double name " Weilheim -Schongau ".
The district Weilheim -Schongau won 1988-2008 approximately 23,000 residents added or increased by approximately 21%.
The following numbers refer to the territorial status of 25 May 1987.
See monuments in the Weilheim -Schongau
Economy and infrastructure
The county is one of the ten German counties with the lowest unemployment. He owes his mature and balanced economic structure of industry and trade, agriculture, trade and services, is missing a monotony caused by large companies. Artisanal and medium-sized enterprises dominate the economic system, almost two thirds of the employees of the district are employed here. In Weilheim professional education and technology center of the Chamber of Crafts for Munich and Upper Bavaria ( BTZ) is located for five Upper Bavarian Counties.
The income tax power per inhabitant in 2004 was at 291 euro ( national average 216). The purchasing power per capita in 2005 was ( national average 8,523 ) at 9,457 euros.
The traffic through the county is relatively quiet; the motorway network touches the county just to the east ( A95 Munich - Garmisch ). The main arteries are the B 2, B 23, B 472 and B 17
The county town of Weilheim with the Weilheim ( Oberbay ) station is a hub of the regional rail network. The city had taken the initiative for railway construction in the 19th century and opened at its own expense the following routes:
The Bavarian state railways extended, the rail network by the compounds Peißenberg North Peißenberg (1875 ) and Weilheim -Murnau (1879 ). 1898, it began along the continuation of Penzberg to Kochel and the connection Augsburg- Weilheim am Ammersee.
The town of Schongau in 1886 first connected parallel to the Lech Landsberg. It took over 30 years to 1917 of Schongau Peiting the gap after Peißenberg was closed and thus could drive trains also to Weilheim. Finally followed - even under the auspices of the Deutsche Reichsbahn - in 1923 the branch line Schongau - Kaufbeuren. This was closed in 1972, now the Augsburg Localbahn GmbH transported further in 1984 the passenger traffic of the route Schongau -Landsberg, on the freight trains. For passenger transport, so there are approximately 75 % of the original network of approximately 100 km length in operation.
In a runoff election on March 30, 2014, Andrea sat Jochner White ( CSU) with 68.02 percent of the vote against by Friedrich Zeller.
Coat of arms and flag
The district Weilheim -Schongau is by decision of the County Council and the Government of Upper Bavaria agreement with writing the same was issued on May 21, 1974, the authorization to carry the coat of arms described below.
Coat of Arms Description
"Under a gold shield head, in a border, herschauender, red reinforced and red bezungter black lion, in Azure, a Abtstab, where a silver mallet and a silver hammer is backed diagonally crossed. "
The lion is taken from the arms of the Hohenstaufen, who were well off as the heirs of Guelph since the late 12th century on the upper Lechrain rich and as Swabian dukes, German kings and emperors played an important historical role. The lion is also herschauende escutcheon of the Welf dukes, as it is preserved in stone Gaden. Welf family estates were in Schongauer area. The Abtstab underlines the great cultural and economic significance of the past in the district earlier monasteries Wessobrunn, Polling, Habach, Bern Ried, Hieronymus and Stein Gaden. The miner tools hammer and mallet, called Gezäh, are the heraldic symbols of Mining and remember the since the 19th century of intensive operated state pitch coal mining in Penzberg and Peißenberg, which experienced its greatest prosperity in the 1960s and until the closure of the mines 1966/71 the economic life of the county coined. The tincture of the main field in silver and blue has the Wittelsbach country's rule since 1268 and belonging to Bayern back. The county coat of arms, in force since 1974 symbolizes the composition of the administrative district of the former counties Schongau and Weilheim. The acquisition of the Staufer lions from the previous Schongauer circle coat of arms and the figure with hammer, mallet and Abtstab from the previous Weilheim coat of arms the emblem is two partial areas of the 1972 brief break in the district Weilheim -Schongau meet with seat of the district office in Weilheim.
" The county carries a banner in the colors black - yellow-blue. "
The county leads this flag as also the emblem since 21 May 1974.
Cities and Towns
(Population at 31 December 2012)
No community outdoor areas