Length field is a municipality in the district of Old churches in Rhineland- Palatinate. It belongs to the municipality Daaden.
- 3.1 municipal
- 3.2 Coat of Arms
- 4.1 Education
- 5.1 freeman
Length field is at an altitude of about 470 m above sea level. NN in northern Rhineland -Palatinate in the High Westerwald on the northern edge of the Neunkhausen - width fields plateau. In place of the three creek rises, the. During Niederdreisbach in the Daade, and the Elbbach which opens at Schönstein in the victory North of length field is the Klingler's head, northwest of Steinkopf and east of Oberdreisbach the gallows head.
Neighboring communities of Weitefeld are Niederdreisbach in the north, Daaden ( with beer village) in the Northeast, Friedewald the southeast, Langenbach bei Kirburg in the south, Neunkhausen in the southwest and Elke Roth in the West.
The municipality consists of the now overgrown districts Weitefeld, Oberdreisbach and the living quarters "Before the Sea" and " Forest house".
Weitefeld was ( wide field) documented in the year 848 the first time as Witafelde.
Weitefeld and Oberdreisbach belonged until 1806 to the County of Sayn- old churches and parish Daaden. The county of Sayn- old churches came in 1791 on the Erbweg to Prussia and was awarded 1803 Reichsdeputationshauptschluss the Principality of Nassau- Usingen. 1806 came the two princes of Nassau in the Napoleonic Confederation of the Rhine, so that the region of 1806 belonged to the Duchy of Nassau. Because of the Congress of Vienna (1815 ) agreements the territory of the former saynischen counties of the Kingdom of Prussia was ceded.
Under the Prussian administration both towns the mayor Daaden were assigned to the newly built district of Old churches that belonged from 1822 to the Rhine province. 1817 had length field with the length fields mill 286 and Oberdreisbach 158 inhabitants.
1707 for the first time in school Weitefeld was mentioned. 1752 followed the first school building, which was in 1874 replaced by a new one. In 1914 this was replaced again due to lack of space. In the same year, both the old school building burned down. In the years 1996/1997 the existing building was expanded.
On 22 June 1922, the volunteer fire department Weitefeld was founded with over 50 members. 1923 was the site of a fire station.
Today's church was (at that time 1,531 inhabitants) ( 498 inhabitants) is newly formed on 7 June 1969 the municipalities Weitefeld and Oberdreisbach.
The development of the population based on the present-day municipality; the values from 1871 to 1987 based on population censuses:
The local council in length field consists of 16 council members, who were elected at the municipal election held on 7 June 2009 a proportional representation, and the honorary mayor as chairman.
The distribution of seats in the local council:
Coat of arms
Since 1982, the local church leads a coat of arms, which contains three symbols that have historical reference. The doppelschweifige, herschauende Sayner lion refers to the former state rule of the Counts of Sayn, to which a large part of the district of old churches and thus Weitefeld has heard. The cross formed by nettle leaves is derived from the arms of the Lords before grasping stone, it is also found as " Greifensteiner Cross" in the former jurors and court seal of Daaden and in today's coat of arms of the municipality Daaden. These fish symbolize three fishing lakes that have heard of the Abbey Marienstatt and no longer exist today. On today only remember corresponding corridor designations.
Economy and infrastructure
- Primary school Weitefeld. Schulträger the local church is Weitefeld.
- Peter Lucker ( local historian ) (* 1875, † 1957)
→ List of cultural monuments in Weitefeld