51.209166666667 - 2.6508333333333Koordinaten: 51 ° 13 ' N, 2 ° 39 ' W
The place is known for its cathedral ( built between 1182-1260 ), whose western front is equipped with over 300 statues. Architectural feature four scissor arches. This cathedral gives Wells the municipal law, as in England every settlement that has a cathedral may call automatically town. In the immediate vicinity is the Vicars Close, the oldest continuously inhabited street in Europe from the 14th century. Also located in the Old Bishop's Palace, which is partly preserved only as a ruin. In the garden of the palace, which is surrounded by a moat, are the sources who gave the place its name.
- St. Andrew's Cathedral ( Cathedral )
- Vicars Close ( medieval street - first row houses of Great Britain from the year 1363)
- Bishop's Palace ( Castle / Ruin )
- Wells Cathedral School ( very good music school for day-and boarders from the age 3-18 )