Werder is a municipality in the northeast of the county Mecklenburg Lake District. It lies north of Neubrandenburg in Mecklenburg- Vorpommern. Until 1 January 2004, the municipality was part of the Office Tollensetal and has since become part of the Office Treptower Tollensewinkel based in Old Treptow.
Geography and transport
Werder is located approximately six kilometers northeast of Old Treptow. The B96 runs west of the community. Passing through the municipality, the A 20 you can be reached via the old Treptow connection. The municipality is located in the Treptow Werder a lowland between Tollense Great Landgraben and little Landgraben.
The ritterschaftliche Good old Wodarg was owned by the family of Walsleben, then that of Preen and finally it got to the widespread of Malt tooth. The latter owned the 900 -acre estate until 1945. 1733 the manor house was built in 1919 it was designed by architect Wilhelm Freiherr von Tettau a lateral attachment. The manor house is a single-story stucco building of 7 axes, three further accounts for the cultivation and recessed connecting tract. The manor with three massive barns is still preserved. An English landscape park completes the property.
The last owner Gerhard von Malt tooth was picked up by the Soviet Army in 1945 and since then is considered lost. The family was evicted and the Well- settled in the land reform. In the manor house different uses, such as restaurant, management, consumption goods by the phase as a residence for refugees, etc. supplied.
→ See also List of monuments in Werder ( at Altentreptow )
- Baroque stone church of Werder 1751 with baptismal font from the 13th century,
- Castle ruins Conerow; 2.5 km west of the hamlet Wodarg
- Church Kolln, stone church from the 15th/16th. Century building with high, wooden West Tower.
- Neuro manic Church in Wodarg; Brick building with individual boulders from the second half of the 19th century.
- Manor and manor Wodarg of 1733 with central projection, two-axis side projection and mansard roof.
- Manor Werder