Western Swiss Railways
The Chemins de fer de la Suisse Occidentale (SO) (short: Suisse - Occidentale ) is a former Swiss railway company, which existed from 1872 to 1881.
The Suisse Occidentale - created on January 1, 1872 through the merger of three tracks Compagnie de l' Ouest- Suisse, Chemin de fer Lausanne -Fribourg -Berne and the Compagnie Franco - Suisse. In 1876 performed several network expansion. So the line of Murten was opened to Lyss on June 12, 1876 and on August 25 the lines from Murten to Palézieux and from Payerne to Fribourg.
On February 1, 1877, the opening of the line from Yverdon followed to Payerne. On 20 December 1876, the railway company, founded in 1870, Chemin de fer de Jougne à Eclépens (JE) arrived at the SO. On June 28, 1881, the company merged with the Compagnie Simplon ( S) for the Suisse Occidentale -Simplon - (SOS)
- Hans G. Wägli - Network Switzerland; General Secretariat of the SBB, Bern; 1980
- Former railway company ( Switzerland )
- Swiss Federal Railways