Weyhe is an independent municipality in the north of the county Diepholz in Lower Saxony.
- 2.1 Timeline
- 2.2 community education
- 2.3 Population development
- 3.1 Municipal Council
- 3.2 administration
- 3.3 Coat of Arms
- 3.4 community partnerships
- 4.1 theater
- 4.2 Market
- 4.3 Structures
- 4.4 Public Art
- 5.1 Education
- 5.2 sporting venues
- 5.3 associations
- 5.4 traffic
- 5.5 Established businesses
- 6.1 Sons and daughters of the town
- 6.2 personalities that act locally or had
Weyhe directly adjoins the southern boundary of the city of Bremen. In the West Weyhe borders the municipality Stuhr, which is the only has a greater population than Weyhe in Diepholz. Eastern neighbors, the town of Achim and the Municipality Thedinghausen, in the south bordered Weyhe to the town of Syke.
In the district Kirchweyhe the Ochtum entfließt the Kirchweyher lake which is fed by the Hache and the Süstedter Bach. The Ochtum flows to the northwest in the state of Bremen and partly forms the border between Lower Saxony and Bremen. Finally, opens the Ochtum between Lemwerder - Altenesch and Bremen -Seehausen into the Weser.
Temperate maritime climate influenced by moist northwesterly winds from the North Sea. In the long-term mean air temperature reaches in Weyhe 8.5 to 9.0 ° C and there are about 700 mm of precipitation per year. Between May and August can be expected with an average of 20-25 days of summer.
The land use of the municipality Weyhe is dominated by agriculture, in 2005 65.8 % of the municipal area have been designated as agricultural land. Looking at the results of the surveys of land use in the period 1981-2005, so, however, a significant shift of agricultural land in favor of other forms of use is observed. Compared to 1981, the agricultural area of 4458 ha was reduced to 3966 ha, which represents a decrease of 11.1%. The land use for buildings and open space has increased by 249 ha ( 36.4 %), recreation area has around 49 ha ( 144 %) increased and thus more than doubled. The surface area has increased by 59 ha ( 16% ).
The place name Weyhe has dived to 860. , Reason was a report on the miracle cures at the grave Willehads. The story is about a girl from "ways" ( Kirch or Sudweyhe ), which has long had no strength in her body. When she became seriously ill and was taken to the grave of the holy bishop, they received back their forces and their health.
About 400 years later, in the so-called Weser bridge list of "two villages " the speech. You can pretty much say that it was Kirchweyhe and Sudweyhe. Kirchweyhe and Sudweyhe are found soon after in other historical sources as " Kerckwege " ( 1277 ) and " Suthweige " ( 1300 ).
In the western half of the church today Weyhe the districts Angelse, Erichshof, Hagen, Hörden and Melchiorshausen, who belonged to the former town Leeste extended. The earliest written references date from the period around 1,185. Mention is given inter alia, the administrator of the Archbishop of Bremen Meier Court's " Leste " ( Leeste ).
In 1800 a lively trade between Bremen and Weyhe took place. Not only agricultural products, but also manufactured goods were exchanged in the Weser city or offered for sale.
1873 opened the leading on Kirchweyhe railway Bremen- Osnabruck. As a result, in Kirchweyhe was a six- kilometer long, reaching southward to the neighboring hamlet Barrien marshalling yard with a few tracks. Professionals moved with their families to Kirchweyhe and ensured a rapid population increase. Even in 1925 fed the railroad about two-thirds of all residents in Kirchweyhe, also many families from the former neighboring communities. The marshalling yard has been reduced after its closure in 1968, the remains of the north shed used by a company.
- To 860: First up today known written mention Weyhes ( "paths" ).
- 1158: Emperor Frederick I allowed the colonization of the hitherto undeveloped country break in Kirchweyhe and / or Sudweyhe and Dreye.
- 1167: During a nobility revolt against Henry the Lion conquer adversaries of the Guelph Duke the " Castrum ways" (the castle Weyhe ).
- To 1185: The oldest written reference to the existence of the district Leeste.
- Around 1250: Creation of the Felician church in the district Kirchweyhe.
- 1582: Kirchweyhe, Sudweyhe and Leeste come after the extinction of Hoyaer under Count Welf rule.
- 1790: The " colony Erichshof " is created in the operating areas of the company founded in the 16th century Barbican Erichshof. It is part of the Lutheran parish Leeste.
- 1794: Foundation of the Evangelical Lutheran the superintendent consisting remained until 1934.
- 1824: The construction of a " Ziegelbrennerey " in Sudweyhe approved. A traditional Weyher commercial branch begins to develop. By 1896, develop in the marshes of Ahausen, Leeste, Sudweyhe Dreye and four other businesses.
- 1826: In the Weser village and Zollort Dreye Bremer producer GF Sengstake founded a soap factory - pioneer of industrialization in this district, the largest commercial establishment in Weyhe today.
- 1873: completion of the railway Bremen- Osnabruck, subsequently establishing the marshalling yard.
- 1928: The " colony Erichshof " is associated with the community Leeste.
- 1945: The final battles around Bremen lead to countless heavy destruction in the area of today's Weyhe.
- 1992: Weyhe given the status " independent municipality ."
- 2000: The population reached 30,000.
On March 1, 1974, the Weyhe was newly formed by the merger of the municipalities Kirchweyhe, Leeste and Sudweyhe. The total area of the new municipality is 6025 hectares. The municipality Kirchweyhe included the districts Kirchweyhe, Lahausen and Dreye, the municipality Sudweyhe the districts Sudweyhe, Jeebel and Ahausen. Likewise independently at the time the municipality Leeste with the districts Leeste, Erichshof, Hörden, Angelse, Hagen and Melchiorshausen.
* ) As of December 31, 2005
The Weyhe has recorded a sharp rise in population since its founding in 1974. The population rose from 21556 in 1974 to 30325 in 2006. This represents a population increase of over 40 % within a period of 32 years. Noteworthy is the increase in the population of 23584 in 1984 to 29592 in 1998, which represents an increase of 25%. The positive population trends in Weyhe, as well as in the neighboring municipality Stuhr, are mainly due to a high quality of life, the variety of leisure and recreational opportunities and dynamically growing economic structure. In recent years, however, the increase is stagnant, more specifically, in the years 2000 to 2006, the number of inhabitants in the municipality Weyhe is statistically increased by only 85 people.
Mayor of Weyhe is since November 1, 2006 Frank Lemmermann (SPD). The last mayor direct election took place on 10 September 2006. With a turnout of 44.7 % of the SPD's candidate received a total of 66.9 % of the vote, its a contestant Eva firecrackers (independent) accounted for 27.4 % of the vote. The independent mayor Reinhard Osterloh had announced in August 2005, his waiver of a renewed candidacy.
The municipal council of the municipality Weyhe has a total of 38 seats.
The municipal administration is largely housed in the town hall in the district Leeste. Find the citizens the building authority, the clerk's office, the registration office, the registrar's office, as well as a civil office. In addition, the municipality operates its own Baubetriebshof, in the street, in a fraction, next to the central sports facility. Meanwhile, staff attend to the receipt of problem waste, winter maintenance, street cleaning, maintenance of sports grounds, children's playgrounds and parks as well as the repair and maintenance of municipally-owned facilities and buildings. For transport and environmental offenses, the clerk's office is responsible for all further security questions the police station in the district Leeste. The social center of the community is located in the district Kirchweyhe and provides for the supervision and care of sick, elderly and disabled people according to their needs in an intimate, home setting. In 2007, the building was renamed to " Martha Schubert house".
Coat of arms
The coat of arms of the municipality Weyhe shows sign an ascending lion over three red oblique beams. The municipal coat of arms is derived from the coat of arms of the family " of Weyhe ", like an Counts, probably since the 12th century was based in Weyhe and also found elsewhere in North Germany is (among other things Lüneburg Heath ).
Since 1972 Weyhe maintains a partnership with the French Coulaines. The community of interest " IG Weyhe / Coulaines " is responsible for the organization and implementation of exchange programs. As another sister city followed in 1990, the Latvian Madona. The organization and implementation of exchange programs in collaboration with the " Association for the Promotion of partnership between Weyhe and Madona ". In October 2000, the tenth anniversary of the partnership, the road was " Madona -Allee " inaugurated in the district Kirchweyhe.
Culture and sights
The privately -operated " Weyher Theatre ", located right on the square in Kirchweyhe, is a comedy theater and has 313 visitors. Be listed among other tabloid pieces, music - theater, Low German comedies and Christmas stories. In the season 2007/2008 more than 70,000 spectators attended the 335 performances the theater; thus the Weyher theater is the most successful comedy theater in northern Germany.
The Kirchweyher Market Square near the train station and is the present center of Weyhe dar. The marketplace is square and created relatively large, it has an area of 4225 m², in addition there are parking lots, surrounding streets and a children's playground. In the market place is open on Saturdays from 8-13 clock market day; you get fresh vegetables and seasonal fruits from local suppliers and food for their daily needs.
The Romanesque brick tower of the Kirchweyher Lutheran. Felicianuskirche dates from around 1250 and is the oldest surviving building in the community Weyhe. The Romanesque nave had to be closed in 1858 due to disrepair and was demolished in 1861. In 1863 the new hotel, designed in the Gothic Revival style, and greater tailored church was consecrated. In 2006, the church received a new Kuhn organ.
The Leester Lutheran. St. Mary's Church dates from the late 18th century. While the cathedral, a brick building, was built in 1770, added to the square west tower at only 20 years later. The pulpit is from 1770, the gallery of 1852. The big bell was cast in 1513 and took his place in the west tower in 1770. On the north side of the nave are grave stones from the 17th and 18th centuries.
A typical testimony of old railway time is the building of the 130 year-old Kirchweyher station. It was completed in 1873. It represents the typical for that time German rotsteinfarbenen style Represents the post office in Bahnhofstrasse was built in 1913 by the innkeeper Johann Koch and is rented until today from the post office.
The Sudweyher water mill and the so-called Sudweyher estate located in Sudweyhe to the river Hache. The first written mention dates back to 1513th The Sudweyher water mill belonged to the purchase of Weyhe in 1982 to the opposite Grange, an old manor. In addition to the Sudweyher water mill is the mill barn built probably in 1807. The building complex of the old watermill with barn, which hosts not only exhibitions of all kinds, but also regular open-air events, even the municipal archives is housed. The present building of the estate was built around 1819 in place of the dilapidated former building; the mansion was demolished in 1999.
The landmark of the district Lahausen, the Lahauser Spieker, was built in 1880 as a half-timbered house. Spieker is the Low German term for memory. It is directly on the road between Lahauser Lahausen and Jeebel. The building was restored in the years 1987 to 1989 from all ten Lahauser local associations. 1991 purchased by the City Weyhe the Spieker. Today is the Spieker sample space of Lahauser stage.
Other buildings are listed in the list of monuments in Weyhe.
Art in Public Space
Scattered on the various Weyher districts, sometimes hidden, there are some very different sculptures and objects by artists from the region. These art objects are designed from a variety of materials - bronze, stainless steel, wrought iron, marble, stone and brick:
- On the grounds of City Hall in Leeste by Thomas Recker the monument against forgetting ( Brick, 1993) for all the victims of National Socialism; Also the stainless steel sculpture berries ( 1995) by Katharina Franck and the sculpture Figura (wrought iron, 2001) by Elsa Töbelmann and Henning Greve.
- On the market place in Kirchweyhe a mask Fountain ( 1997) of brick and clay with bronze figures, designed by students at the University of Arts in Bremen.
- Prior to the Savings Bank in Leeste the sculptural group The five senses (Stein, 2003) by Norbert Thoss.
- Prior to the Savings Bank in Erichshof The Lying (marble, 2004) by Amir Amorowitsch.
- At the swimming pool in Kirchweyhe a steel sculpture by Herbert Bodzin (1976).
Infrastructure and economy
The Weyhe has a comprehensive educational program, almost all popular types of schools are represented. For the approximately 3500 students from six elementary schools in the districts Leeste, Kirchweyhe, Sudweyhe, Erichshof, Lahausen and Melchiorshausen, two cooperative comprehensive schools in the districts Kirchweyhe (5th - 10th grade ) and Leeste (5th - 12th grade ) as well as a resource center and special school with a focus on learning in the district Melchiorshausen available.
The municipality maintains Weyhe kindergartens in the districts Leeste, Kirchweyhe, Sudweyhe, Dreye, Erichshof, Lahausen and Melchiorshausen. Nurseries of the municipality are located in the districts Leeste, Kirchweyhe and Lahausen. The facilities of free carriers are located in the districts Kirchweyhe and Leeste.
There are two public libraries in Weyhe:
- Library Kirchweyhe, cooperative comprehensive school Kirchweyhe.
- Library Leeste, cooperative comprehensive school Leeste.
Weyhe has several sports fields. On the one hand are equipped with multi-purpose halls and sports fields cooperatives comprehensive schools Kirchweyhe and Leeste.
In the district Leeste, next to the City Hall, the central sports facility is located ( ZSA ) the community. There are soccer fields and tennis courts of the clubs TSV Weyhe - Lahausen and SC Weyhe, a running track, a long jump facility, a multi-purpose hall and a restaurant business. In October 2011, a second soccer artificial turf field was completed.
In the district Melchiorshausen, on the B6 directly behind the party room "Village", is the tennis courts of the pure tennis club TC 71 Weyhe with attached private club clubhouse.
Built in 1974/75 Weyher swimming pool located in the district Kirchweyhe and has a 50 meter pool, a 5- meter diving tower, a swimmer 's pool, a wading pool and a children's pool and water slide. In a small heated indoor swimming pool, a training pool is available, which is the schools in the morning and all the other swimmers in the afternoon offered in the winter season. The outdoor pool is surrounded by a large open grounds near the Hache and is surrounded by mature trees.
In the community Weyhe exist many traditional sports and shooting clubs, among others, the largest SC Weyhe whose American football team played in the 2004 season and 2007 in the 2nd Bundesliga. The U -17 ( B -Jugend ) plays in the 2009/2010 season in the Bundesliga -Nord. The community youth care, together with the club PRO at YOUgend eV leisure activities for children and young people. Another traditional sport is the club TSV Weyhe - Lahausen eV 1949. Offered is soccer, gymnastics, badminton, basketball and hiking.
Weyhe is located on the busy thoroughfare between Bremen and the Ruhr. Since December 2010 trains running S-Bahn Bremen. As of 2013 it is planned to extend the rail line 8 of Bremen tram AG Huchting addition to the tracks of the Bremen- Thedinghauser rail over Stuhr and Brinkum after Weyhe - Leeste.
- The district Kirchweyhe has a railway station on the commuter trains of Deutsche Bahn on the Bremen and Bremerhaven -Lehe route - Osnabrück and the line RS 2 Nordwestbahn hold.
- The district Dreye also has a breakpoint at the railway route Bremen - Osnabrück. Here only keep trains on the RS 2 Nordwestbahn.
- The district Melchiorshausen can also be reached via the breakpoint Barrien the neighboring village of Syke. Again, keep only trains on the RS 2 Nordwestbahn.
Weyhe can be reached via two departures of the Federal Highway 1:
- The districts Leeste, Erichshof, Hörden and Melchiorshausen on the exit Bremen / Brinkum.
- The districts Dreye, Kirchweyhe, Lahausen, Sudweyhe and Jeebel on the exit Bremen - Arsten.
Weyhe belongs to the transport network Bremen- Lower Saxony. The following buses serve Weyher districts:
- Line 102: Bremen Hbf - Bremen- Neustadt - Brinkum - Melchiorshausen - Syke.
- Line 120: Bremen Hbf - Bremen- Neustadt - Brinkum - Leeste - Kirchweyhe.
- Line 121: Bremen Hbf - Bremen- Neustadt - Dreye - Kirchweyhe.
- Bremen Airport is about 15 km away and can be reached via the main road 6.
- The district Dreye located directly on the Weser and has in caused by gravel mining Wieltsee a marina.
The district Dreye constituting just under 150 commercial enterprises the commercial focus of Weyhe. , Companies have just a kilometer away from the main highway 1 as Aldi Nord located with a regional office and its own coffee roasting facility, the Vakumix AG, the roofer purchase West eG, Hofmeister & Meincke GmbH & Co, Bultmann Production and Sales GmbH and Cadillac Plastic GmbH. In the district Leeste has the nationally known fruit juice press house Hans Döhle GmbH ( Goldquell ) for more than 50 years its production facilities, but in 2011 production ceased.
Sons and daughters of the town
- Charlotte von Einem (* 1756 in Kirchweyhe, † 1833 in Gotha ) was a muse of the Göttingen Hainbund.
- Johann Heinrich Rumsfeld, ancestor of the former Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld, came from Sudweyhe, emigrated in 1876 to the United States of America.
- Louise Ebert (* 1873 in Melchiorshausen as Louise Rump, † 1955), wife of Friedrich Ebert, Germany's first President.
- Katja Riemann ( * 1963 in Kirchweyhe ), actress
Personalities that act locally or had
- Dirk Busch ( * 1951 in Brunsbüttelkoog ), singer, composer, songwriter, producer and arranger
- Hermann Greve ( * 1957 in Weyhe - Sudweyhe ), author
- Felix Kracht (* 1912 in Krefeld, † 2002 Kirchweyhe ), German engineer and pilot, one of the fathers of Airbus Industries (first production director )
- Ursel Meyer- Wolf ( born 1944 Barrien ), Low German author
- Gabriele Ullrich (* 1960 in Syke- Okel ), author
- Falko Weerts (* 1942 in Emden ), Low German writer and presenter
- Arnd Zeigler (* 1965 in Bremen), Presenter, journalist, author and singer