Wihan Daeng District
Amphoe Wihan Daeng ( Thai: อำเภอ วิหารแดง ) is a district ( Amphoe - administrative district ) in the southern part of the province of Saraburi. The Saraburi Province lies in the Central Region of Thailand.
The word Wihan Daeng means "red Viharn ", a Buddhist monument of the Lawa in the area of Ban Lam, which was built with red bricks. The Red viharn no longer exists.
Neighbouring districts (from west clockwise): Amphoe Nong Khae, Amphoe Mueang Saraburi and Amphoe Kaeng Khoi Province Saraburi, Amphoe Ban Na of Nakhon Nayok and Amphoe Nong Suea the province of Pathum Thani.
Amphoe Wihan Daeng was in 1937 first as a sub-district ( King Amphoe ) was established by the Tambon Nong Nong Khae Moo from Amphoe was separated. The administration in 1957 moved to Ban Lam in the Suwannason Road. The district was renamed in April 12, 1961 Wihan Daeng, at the same time he got the full Amphoe status.
Amphoe Wihan Daeng is divided into six subdistricts (tambon ).
There are two small towns ( Tambon thesaban ):
- Wihan Daeng ( Thai: เทศบาล ตำบล วิหารแดง ) consists of parts of tambon Khlong Ruea, Wihan Daeng, Nong Suang and parts of Charoen Tham,
- Nong Mu ( Thai: เทศบาล ตำบล หนอง หมู ) consists of parts of tambon Nong Mu as well as from other parts of the Tambon Wihan Daeng and Nong Suang.
In addition, there are twelve administrative organizations ( " Tambon Administrative Organizations" - TAO, Thai: องค์การ บริหาร ส่วน ตำบล ).