Wild Rock is the smallest town in the district of Zwickau. Even within the local situation of the city Wildenfels is embedded with its districts Wildenfels, Härtensdorf, Schönau, Wiesenburg and meadows in a mountainous landscape, surrounded by greenery and the hills of the Erzgebirge. Of the inhabitants of the westerzgebirgische dialect is spoken.

  • 2.1 East Ampelmännchen
  • 2.2 Amalgamations
  • 2.3 Population development
  • 4.1 City Council
  • 4.2 Coat of Arms
  • 5.1 Museums
  • 6.1 traffic
  • 6.2 Public bodies
  • 6.3 Education
  • 7.1 freeman
  • 7.2 Sons and daughters of the town
  • 7.3 personalities who are associated with the city



The large number of abandoned quarries is a rich Kalkflora has formed which is for the Wildenfelser Between Mountains, a gem for geologists and nature lovers, formative.

Neighboring communities

Adjacent communities include the cities of Kirchberg and Hartenstein, Langenweißbach, Muelsen, Reinsdorf and the city Wilkau- Haßlau.


In addition to the core city Wildenfels the districts Wiesenburg, Schönau, meadows and Härtensdorf belong to the community.


Archaeological findings suggest that there must have been a very early settlement of the room Wildenfels. Excavations, 1958/59 made ​​in the area of ​​so-called " Schönau ring Walles ," and finds of ceramic objects at the old Grünauerstraße suggest that already at times people in the area were settled around 1200 BC.

The documented history of the place Wildenfels begins in 1233 with the first documentary mention, the emergence of a permanent settlement is suspected but much earlier. Already in 1150 a way chapel is consecrated to the Three Marys at the Bohemian climbing in today's district Härtensdorf. On a rocky promontory lies the old castle, the seat of government Wildenfels whose owners were the masters to Wildenfels and from 1602 to 1945, the Counts of Solms- Wildenfels. In 1235 Burgmannen are mentioned here. 1251 Meadow castle was first mentioned in a document. The Ersterwähnungen the districts Schönau and Härtensdorf follow in 1238 or 1322. In 1321 a Castrum is mentioned, and in 1445 after a manor, a manor. This manor also exerts the basic rule in Wildenfels. The place is to take care of Zwickau belonging. From the 15th century Wildenfels has municipal law and has its own jurisdiction. From the limestone quarries, first mentioned in 1533, still shows a preserved blast furnace for lime burning in the village of Schönau. Wildenfels was up to March 31, 1866 Branch of Härtensdorf and received in 1580 (already burned again in 1589 ), his first church, a tower- less " prayer room " during the Reformation are the places like most in the later Saxony Lutheran. In November 1606, the first baptism takes place in the second Wildenfelser church. This church was also certifies no long lifetime, on March 16, 1636 it burns down. The new building was dedicated to Christmas, she stood until 1866 ( demolished due to disrepair ) and in 1869 replaced by the still existing neo-Romanesque building. Wild Rock is now belonging to the Official Zwickau.

The district Friedrichsthal is 1836 or 1837 incorporated. 1858 Meadow castle is connected to the railway network. In 1866 the Wildenfelser church will be demolished due to disrepair and replaced by the present building. Between 1856 and 1875 Wildenfels had its own court office, after which the town belonged to the Amtshauptmannschaft Zwickau. With all the districts of the Wildenfelser district has a size of 445 hectares. 1925 come to 2,413 inhabitants 2,299 Protestant and Catholic citizens 15 and 99 non-denominational. In the course of the GDR district reform in 1952 Wildenfels is part of the circle formed by the Amtshauptmannschaft Zwickau. In 1974, Schönau is affiliated to Wiesenburg. On March 21, 1994, the Wildenfelser Between Mountains is proclaimed a protected area and in the same year Wildenfels is part of the newly formed district of Zwickau country.

On 13 June 1995 the municipal council of Härtensdorf and Wildenfelser City Council took the decision on the incorporation Härtensdorfs. On October 1, 1995, this resolution was implemented. Not quite as smoothly went the municipality combination with meadow castle and its suburbs meadows and Schönau vonstatten. On 14 May 1998, the Mayor of Wiesbaden Castle and the adjacent municipality Silberstraße summarized the agreement for the merger of the two communities. This contrasted with the specifications in the design of municipal reform of the Saxon State Government has appealed the. On 25 August 1999, the Constitutional Court of Saxony rejected the lawsuit meadow Petersburg, whereby the municipality merger with Wildenfels became final. 2006, a merger with the city Hartenstein prevented by a referendum. 2010 777 year old anniversary was celebrated.

East Ampelmännchen

1974 was the company Schmidt KG (later VEB signaling ) in Wildenfels the contract for production of the famous East Ampelmännchen and prepared to turn the pedestrian traffic lights with the Ampelmännchen from.


Population Development

Development of the population ( as of 1998 December 31):

  • 2002-4089
  • 2003-4081
  • 2004-4013
  • 2007-3936
  • 2008-3926


The districts Wildenfels, Härtensdorf and Schönau each have a Lutheran. Parish who have a sister church relationship with the parish in Zschocken.


City ​​council

The City Council of wild rock with a total of 16 city councils composed after the municipal election held on 7 June 2009 was as follows:

  • CDU: 7 seats
  • FDP: 3 seats
  • Sports Wild Rock, Castle Meadow, Schönau: 2 seats
  • LEFT: 2 seats
  • FW: 2 seats

Mayor 's Tino Koegler.

Coat of arms

Blazon: " The coat of arms of the city Wildenfels shows a growing lion and a rose. The Lion in Wildenfelser coat of arms is described as growing, because only his upper body appears. The color of the coat of arms is a golden lion on a blue field and blue rose on a golden field. "This coat of arms is based on an older Härtensdorfer Church Seal and in 1902 approved by the royal Saxony's Ministry of Interior in the form is still valid today.

Culture and sights

  • Church " The Three Marys " in the district Härtensdorf with winged altar by Peter Breuer

The former Patronatskirche the reign Wildenfels was founded in 1150, first mentioned in 1322 ( priest of Fritz Melrin ), Maria Joachim, mother of Jesus, Mary Cleophas and Mary Salome is dedicated. The polyptych, 1509/1510 carved by the Zwickau carver Peter Breuer, was a replacement for a previously existing miraculous image of the Three Marys in this Nahwallfahrtsstätte and parish church. Last Catholic priest was Jacob Timbler. He concluded by Ms Agnese, Schenkin on Wild Rock, a contract, according to which had to serve " like old times " the pastor of Härtensdorf Wisdom, and the little town Wildenfels spiritually and to provide the chaplain to Wildenfels half material. This was true in a modified form until 1866; spiritual service supervisor for the Wildenfelser Kaplan or later deacon was the Härtensdorfer pastor. This was in addition to also represent the rule Wildenfels in the absence of Count outwardly. In Pfarrarchiv Härtensdorf to exist a number of so-called Office files. After the Reformation, the church was grave laying of the last Protestant gentlemen to Wildenfels. There are Epithaphien of Anarg Heinrich von Wildenfels († 1539 in Altenburg ), Heinrich von Wildenfels († 1558 ) and Friedrich von Anarg Wildenfels († 1602) in her. A coat of arms -bearing angels (Coat of Arms of the lords to Wildenfels ) at the entrance of the Church testifies to its importance as a former court church of the rule Wildenfels. 1531 Wolfgang Taschner was introduced as the first Protestant pastor for Härtensdorf with wild rock in his office, master Haase was the first priest who bore the title of " court preacher of Wild Rock, pastor to Härtensdorf ". Died in 1865, the last pastor, Rev. Dautenhahn, who wore this item.

The little town was Wildenfels to 1866 Branch of Härtensdorf. With effect from 1 April 1866, the urban share of the parish Härtensdorf were spun off and established the legally independent parish Wildenfels. Therefore, many church records, both communities are still concerning, archived in Härtensdorf. Even after the introduction of the Reformation in 1529 the patronage was maintained Three Marys. The altar is decorated ( with an interruption from 1698 (?) Until 1939 ) until today the venerable Härtensdorfer Church, he was in 1939 and 1996 to 2000 fully restored and is used as a liturgical change Altar ( Closed on Good Friday, Easter opened early). 1934, the first closed Confessing church in Saxony was founded as a counter-movement to the Nazi- infiltrated German Christians in the Church of the Three Marys. The existing today organ in the church of the Three Marys was built by Urban Kreutz creek from Borna and 2010/11, completely restored, the tower carries a so-called mixed -ringing, including St. Mary's bell from 1450.

  • St. Roch's Church in the village of Schönau with figures of Peter Breuer


  • Low Mill in Schönau
  • Wildenfelser gingerbread museum in Wildenfels Castle

Economy and infrastructure


Wild Rock has a junction with the highway 72, next to the highway and 93 in the state highways 277, 282 and 283 in bicycle transport links to the dump cycle track in the district of Wiesbaden Castle is available.

Public institutions

  • Asklepios Klinikum meadows ( Hospital for Psychiatry and Psychotherapy )


  • Primary school Wildenfels
  • BFS Wildenfels ( in OT Wiesenburg located )
  • Branch of the Music School " Clara Wieck "



The first two Wildenfelser freeman were appointed at the 777- year celebration in 2010.

  • Monika Badock, Ortschronistin,
  • Karl White, chairman of the Friends of the Castle Wildenfels.

On December 15, 2013 on the occasion of Härtensdorfer Advent music was appointed in consultation with the City Council for the third honorary citizen by the mayor Tino Koegler

  • Frank Mempel, city council since 1990.

Sons and daughters of the town

  • Adam Siber (1516-1584), humanist and educator
  • Anarg to Wildenfels ( Anarg Heinrich von Wildenfels ) (before 1490-1539 ) Empire Graf, lawyer, kursächs. Amtmann, Lutheran. Kirchenvisitator, landlord of the Wild Rock, grandfather of Anarg Friedrich von Wildenfels
  • Anarg Friedrich von Wildenfels (1555-1602), professor and holder of dominion Wildenfels
  • In the district of Wiesbaden Castle: Benno Friedrich Brand Lindau (1571-1625), member of the Fruit -bearing Society
  • Friedrich Christoph Graf zu Solms- Wildenfels (1712-1792), the Electorate of Saxony General of Infantry
  • Carl Christian Vogel von Vogelstein (1788-1868), painter
  • Alwin Bauer (1856-1928), German national liberal politician, Member of Parliament ( Kingdom of Saxony ), entrepreneurs in Aue
  • Ebersbach Herbert (1902-1984), painter
  • John Chemnitz (* 1929), SED official

Personalities who are associated with the city

  • Christian Leberecht Vogel (1755-1816), painter and art theorist
  • Carl Friedrich Döhnel (1772-1853), one of the founders of the Ore Mountain dialect literature, worked as a lawyer in Wiesenburg