William P. Elmer
Elmer William Price ( born March 2, 1871 in Robertsville, Franklin County, Missouri, † 11 May 1956 Salem, Missouri ) was an American politician. Between 1943 and 1945 he represented the State of Missouri in the U.S. House of Representatives.
William Elmer attended the public schools of his home. After a subsequent law degree from the Law School in Salem Wingo and his 1892 was admitted to the bar he began in Salem to work in this profession. In the years 1895 and 1896 and again from 1905 to 1906, he served as a prosecutor in Dent County. From 1920 to 1930 he was the legal representative of the city of Salem. At the same time he proposed as a member of the Republican Party launched a political career. Between 1903 and 1933 he was several times as a delegate in the House of Representatives from Missouri. In 1929 he was appointed acting President of the House and majority leader of the republican deputies. In the years 1904, 1908, 1912 and 1920 he was a delegate or substitute a delegate to the Republican National Conventions relevant. From 1908 to 1944 Elmer led the party presidency of the Republicans in Dent County. In 1929, he was a member of a commission to revise the laws of the State of Missouri. In 1940 he ran unsuccessfully for the office of lieutenant governor.
In the congressional elections of 1942, Elmer was in the eighth electoral district of Missouri in the U.S. House of Representatives in Washington DC chosen, where he became the successor of Clyde Williams on January 3, 1943. Since he has not been confirmed in 1944, he was able to complete only one term in Congress until January 3, 1945. This was marked by the events of the Second World War. After the end of his time in the U.S. House of Representatives Elmer again worked as a lawyer. In 1946 he unsuccessfully sought the nomination of his party for the elections to the U.S. Senate. He then became a director of the First National Bank of Salem. From 1949 to 1955 he was curator of the University of Missouri. William Elmer died on May 11, 1956 in his home in Salem.