Williamsport is a city in the United States in the State of Pennsylvania and the county seat of Lycoming County.
The city is known as the birthplace of the Little League across Pennsylvania addition. The venue for the annual Little League Baseball World Series is now in neighboring South Williamsport.
Williamsport was the end point of Tidewater pipeline, the first pipeline in the world.
Economy and infrastructure
Williamsport is the headquarters of Lycoming Engines, a well-known manufacturer of aircraft engines. The local airport is Williamsport Regional Airport.
Sons and daughters of the town
- Call Ernest Bach, writer, journalist and university professor emeritus
- Alexander Cummings, politician and from 1865 to 1867 governor of Colorado Territory
- Joanna Hayes, hurdler and Olympic champion
- James Hall Huling, politician, member of the U.S. House of Representatives
- George Benjamin Luks, painter
- Mike Mussina, baseball player in Major League