The listed Wincor Nixdorf AG, headquartered in Paderborn is a leading global provider of IT solutions and services to retail banks and retailers. Products include ATMs, kiosks and computer cash registers, known as POS terminals. The range of services also include application programs, services and IT consulting for retail companies, banks, lottery companies and businesses in related fields. Likewise, Wincor Nixdorf manufactures reverse vending machines for retail.
In the banking and trading it goes for the Wincor Nixdorf aim is to reshape processes, especially at the interface with consumers through new information technology and optimize the business processes in the branches of banks and trading companies. Wincor Nixdorf has a presence in 130 countries, including 43 countries with own subsidiaries.
Wincor Nixdorf was founded on 1 October 1999 as an independent company. Predecessor companies were Siemens Nixdorf Retail & Banking Systems GmbH (1998-1999), Siemens Nixdorf Informationssysteme AG (1990-1998), the Nixdorf Computer AG (1968-1990) and the Laboratory for pulse technique (1952-1968) of the German computer pioneer Heinz Nixdorf.
The renaming of Siemens Nixdorf Wincor Nixdorf was made after the purchase in 1999 by KKR ( Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co.) and Goldman Sachs. The investors bought 90 % of the shares and the then management the remaining 10 %. The purchase price amounted to 1.44 billion D-Mark. The name part Wincor stands for " win" and " core" - for gains and for core competency in the sectors of trade and banking.
KKR and Goldman Sachs have completely sold their shares since the IPO of Wincor Nixdorf in May 2004. Overall, KKR has received more than 685 million euros, this spread to 160 million euro dividend in 2004, 225 million euros (2/ 3 of the exchange proceeds ) in 2005 and 300 million euros sales proceeds, also in 2005.
During the five years in which KKR and Goldman Sachs were involved, the number of employees of Wincor Nixdorf increased from 3400 to 6300th
Board of Directors
In November 2006 it was announced that the then chairman Karl -Heinz Stiller is end of January 2007 at his own request to cede his office to the previous board Vice and Chief Financial Officer of Wincor Nixdorf AG, Eckhard Heidloff. This change was approved at the Annual General Meeting on 29 January 2007.
Jürgen Wunram took effect on 1 March 2007 to the Board of Wincor Nixdorf AG and took over the finance department of Heidloff.
Jürgen Wilde, the Board of Wincor Nixdorf AG, responsible for the retail segment, resigned from his position at the end of the Annual General Meeting on 28 January 2008 down for health reasons. Successor Jürgen Wilde in the management of global business with trading companies was Herbert Machill, the earlier the " Industry Line Services" of the T -Systems Enterprise Services GmbH initiated. Machill took up his new position at Wincor Nixdorf on 1 October 2007 and was appointed Executive Vice President of Wincor Nixdorf AG. At the same time were also the head of the Services business, Jens Bohlen, as well as the Head of Human Resources, Rainer arrow appointed divisional directors of Wincor Nixdorf AG. On 1 November 2010, Thomas Fell took over the management of the global IT business with trading company of Herbert Machill, who retired from the company on December 31, 2010.
On January 16, 2013 it was announced that Jens Bohlen, was appointed previously responsible for the IT Services business, retroactive to January 1, 2013 to the Board, there to take on the responsibility for the global banking business. At the same time it was announced that Olaf Heyden, at that time Chief Executive Officer ( CEO) of Freudenberg IT KG, him in his old job is to follow at a later date as additional member of Wincor Nixdorf AG, which was implemented on May 24, 2013.
- Kiosk systems
- Stamp vending machines
- POS systems
- Reverse vending machines
- SAP system house for trading companies
- IT consulting
The system developed by Siemens Nixdorf early 90s and imported POS system Beetle was very successful from the start and was redistributed under the new company name, Wincor Nixdorf and developed. The POS systems are now in many major retail chains in use, such as Edeka, Metro, Shell and IKEA.
At the international level, the company consists of a number of national companies. Add this after the transition to the Wincor Nixdorf AG nor existing Siemens and Siemens were transferred Nixdorf - national companies.
In Germany, the company consists of a hierarchical structure of limited liability companies in the individual departments or business units, were in part related to its recent acquisitions, is introduced and become one.
The following companies exist in Germany. Unless otherwise stated, the holding portion is 100 %.
- Wincor Nixdorf International GmbH, Paderborn
- Wincor Nixdorf Banking Consulting GmbH ( BCON ), Paderborn
- Wincor Nixdorf Branch Technology GmbH, Paderborn
- Wincor Nixdorf GmbH Business Administration Center (BAC ), Leipzig
- Wincor Nixdorf Customer Care GmbH, Paderborn
- Wincor Nixdorf service GmbH, Paderborn
- Wincor Nixdorf Facility GmbH, Paderborn
- Wincor Nixdorf Facility Services GmbH, Paderborn. Established on 1 October 2005
- Wincor Nixdorf Grundstücksverwaltung Ilmenau GmbH & Co. KG, Paderborn
- Wincor Nixdorf Logistics GmbH, Paderborn
- Wincor Nixdorf Lottery Solutions GmbH, Konstanz
- Wincor Nixdorf Manufacturing GmbH, Paderborn
- Wincor Nixdorf Real Estate GmbH & Co. KG, Paderborn
- Wincor Nixdorf Retail Consulting GmbH ( RCON ), Hilden. Consists of the former Saarbrücken consulting company RCON and the Retail Enterprise Solutions. Established on 1 October 2000
- Wincor Nixdorf Retail Services GmbH, Paderborn. Includes the service organization for the business of reverse vending systems. Founded on 1 January 2006.
- Wincor Nixdorf Security GmbH, Paderborn. It consists of the former plant protection department of Nixdorf Computer AG. Founded on 1 October 2000.
- Wincor Nixdorf Services GmbH, Paderborn
- Wincor Nixdorf Technology GmbH, Paderborn
- Wincor Nixdorf Portavis GmbH, Hamburg, joint venture company of the Sparkasse Bremen and Hamburger Sparkasse
- Prosystems IT GmbH, Bonn was founded on 1 June 2004. Wincor Nixdorf since 2008, holds 51 %. Minority interests hold the Cologne District Savings Bank ( 20.17 percent), the Sparkasse Köln Bonn ( 26.38 percent) and the SDZ Sparkassen- service center GmbH & Co KG (2.45 per cent)
- Bank Consulting AG, Wedemark near Hanover. Wincor Nixdorf has a 51 %