Winterrieden is a municipality in the Swabian district of Lower Allgäu region and a member of the administrative community Babenhausen.
- 2.1 Population development
- 3.1 Coat of Arms
- 3.2 flag
- 5.1 Economy, agriculture and forestry
- 5.2 traffic
- 5.3 Formation
Expansion of the municipal area
The municipal area consists only of the district Winterrieden.
Winterrieden belonged since the 12th century to the Reichsdeputationshauptschluss to Reichsstift Ochsenhausen and was given it as gefürstetes Burggrafentum to the counts of Sinzendorf. With the Act of Confederation, in 1806 the city became part of Bavaria. In the course of administrative reform in Bavaria, was born with the congregation of 1818, the current community. In 1972, the inclusion in the Unterallgäu and 1978 inclusion in the administrative community Babenhausen.
On the territory of the commune were 1970 668, 1987, 706 and 2000 counted 874 inhabitants in the year. The current census of 2004 showed a slight increase to 910 inhabitants.
Mayor is Hans Peter Mayer ( CSU / Independent voter group). Its predecessor was the 10 August 2012 late Gerhard Brosch ( CSU / Independent voter group). This was the successor of Eugen Naegele ( CSU / Independent voter group) in 2002.
The municipal tax revenue amounted to the equivalent of € 367 thousand in 1999, which amounted to the trade tax revenues ( net) converted 88 T €.
Coat of arms
The coat of arms was approved on 21 February 1963 decision of the Bavarian State Ministry of the Interior.
Blazon: " Divided by silver and red; on green Dreienberg a split in confused colors rosebush with three flowers with golden slugs. "
At the beginning of the 12th century gave the wealthy in the Iller region Guelph ministeriales of Wolfertschwenden considerable real estate in Winter vineyards to the foundation charter of 1099 established by Benedictine Ochsenhausen. The right of presentation of the parish Winterrieden also got to Ochsenhausen. Until the secularization of the monastery in 1803 - that is, by a period of 700 years - were extremely close relations between Winterieden and the monastery Ochsenhausen. The care of the Patronage Lord manifested particularly Abbot Benedict Denzel (1737-1769), the parish church was rebuild in 1755. His coat of arms - into cleft of silver and red shield a rose bush with flowers in three colors confused - is located in the chancel of the church.
The design and the design of the coat of arms is derived from the Nördlinger Rudolf Mussgnug.
The flag is red - white (1:1) with striped hook coat of arms.
A point of interest is built between 1752-1755 parish church of St. Martin.
See also List of historic buildings in Winterrieden
Economy and infrastructure
Economy, agriculture and forestry
It was in 1998 according to official statistics in manufacturing and 114 in trade and transport, no social insurance contributions at the workplace. In other areas, were employed to social security at the work twelve people. Social insurance contributions at residence, there were a total of 318 in the manufacturing sector, there were none, in the construction of two plants. In addition, in 1999, there were 35 farms with an agricultural area of 791 ha, of which 258 ha of arable land and 533 ha of permanent grassland.
Winterrieden was on the railway line Kellmünz - Babenhausen. This route is shut down and dismantled.
In 1999 there were the following facilities:
- Kindergartens: 50 kindergarten places with 36 children
The inhabitants Winterriedens are sometimes called jokingly " Wasamolle ". This nickname was given to the inhabitants, as in the lower Station Road was a factory for Torfziegel and peat were cut in the bog. More " Wasamolle " are still the Iller Berger and other villages, in which peat was stung.